Where to buy Clow/Sakura Cards

Corbane

I really don't like eBay and Amazon - I actually don't despise them that much, I just don't have a credit card :) - and I want sakura/clow cards. I have a homemade crappy awfull version, but I'd appreciate a better one, so I checked out on the Net and didn't find anything yet. The only thing that I found is on this forum, when someone said something lile «I got mine here» but I lost the website and can't find the thread back.

So do you know any Anime, Cosplay boutique that sell clow or sakura cards - I rather clow ones, sakura cards are ways to pinky for me, but I guess I can sometimes deal with this as I'm a total CardCaptors fan.

Yvresse

Ohhh this brings back such great memories! I loved the anime, and I remember the art on the cards being gorgeous too! Sometimes I wish that some of the figures in my decks can really come to life~ It'd be nice to have your own personal Knight of Swords come to your rescue every now and then*evil laughter*.

Tarot Garden has a deck based on the CCS characters, but that's quite different from the Clow cards (more like a gimmicky spinoff like so many anime-based decks are, imho, no offense meant).

Amazon is probably one of the most reputable online sellers, but if you don't have a credit card, your best bet might be to find a list of merchants taking part in an anime con online (there should be a few in Canada) and try giving them a call/email to see if they have one in stock or if they can order one for you. If you compare the merchant list of different cons (conventions), then you might be able to find a reputable seller. Some Chinatowns also have stores selling anime stuff, but I'd be very careful buying from those stores as there can be knockoffs.

missy

Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

You can try http://miracletarot.com/ although I don't see Clow/Cardcaptor Sakura cards listed, but he's a very nice guy and he ships from Taiwan. He speaks English so you can email him and see if maybe he can get them for you.

He used to have http://mangaart.com/ ; I think the two sites are identical.

Except I think he may also require a credit card, or at least PayPal.

I DID see some here:

http://www.animecollectibles.com/acnew/ac_ccs_clow.php3

Out of the six sets, only one is available, but maybe they are only temporarily out of stock. You could email and find out. Do not know their payment methods. Good luck!

LotusSong

Even if you were able to purchase from Amazon, the cheapest set of Clow Cards is $110 with shipping. I don't know about you, but that feels like a ripoff to me. @.@ Good luck in your search!

cardlady22

This will probably get moved to Oracles. Both of the sets I got were from AT members. I know the knock-offs aren't legal, but have you ever printed- trimmed- laminated a deck yourself? In terms of buying an ink cartridge, cardstock, laminating, time ~ $100 isn't that bad.

Lillie

You must be joking.

I got mine for a fiver from ebay.

cardlady22

Don't do eBay. Also don't order from sellers I don't know. Too many horror stories of items not arriving.
ETA: I spent $40 US for my pink ones; about $10 US for the other ~ not counting shipping.

Lillie

I worry most about the postal service, and that's the same who ever you buy from.

Yvresse

Misread an earlier post.

cardlady22

Here's some word from our dear zan_chan:
Just did a search of all my usual go-to Japanese card/book sites, and it seems like the Clow Cards are just as OOP/HTF here as they are anywhere else.
So, I guess eBay or a Card Forum are the only bets.