Darkana Tarot Deck on kickstarter

tarotlyn

So, what I gather from his facebook page is that he didn't foresee the cost of p&p and is now waiting for people to buy readings or custom art to have enough money to send the decks bit by bit.

There we are then ...
What? when exactly did he post that? i never received an update email from him stating that? Yikes...

i am way after Edmund, so wonder if i will ever get this deck? Is there no way to get a refund then?
...just wondering...:bugeyed:

Have to say that this ruins it for me to ever pledge or pay on kickstarter again...that is a shame
since this type of thing could hurt other artists on there :(

:heart: Lyn

Essjay

What? when exactly did he post that? i never received an update email from him stating that? Yikes...

i am way after Edmund, so wonder if i will ever get this deck? Is there no way to get a refund then?
...just wondering...:bugeyed:

Have to say that this ruins it for me to ever pledge or pay on kickstarter again...that is a shame
since this type of thing could hurt other artists on there :(

Hi Lyn :heart:

If you check out his facebook page it's at the top of his page as a header. Don't let it put you off from backing other kickstarter - this is the first time I've had this experience.

gregory

I've already got several kickstarter decks just fine. But this IS annoying. I hope he manages to follow through...

Debra

Is this unusual? I don't think this is at all unusual. This seems to be how it's done by many independent tarot producers in the last few years.

They take pre-orders of one sort or another (called pre-orders or by some other name) to help fund their project. Usually there's a discount or special deal, you can order two for less than the normal price, or a bonus knick-knack of some sort. I can't see how it's any different if it's on kickstarter or through their personal on-line store.

Sometimes things work out perfectly. Not every time, and some seem to always have big problems with card quality and ordering information and communication etc. etc. etc.

Which is why the situation with Darkana seems just about normal. The difference is that he's not getting much sympathy here, maybe because he didn't schmooze the forum to establish his presence as a dear friend. :laugh:

gregory

I don't think it is the "not schmoozing the forum". I am still supporting two delayed projects that have no presence here at all (or not that I have seen) - and I have no - irritations, even, with them. They send out regular kickstarter updates saying what has happened (and that takes the same time as making an FB post, as putting the info on kickstarter sends it automatically to every last backer !)

I think it is - for instance - this post saying he was waiting to raise money to pay for the postage was NOT sent out as a kickstarter update. It should have been. There are more people than me who support kickstarter and don't have a facebook presence. So I and they only get info from this thread. When my deck is held up - I have no idea why. That is what I mind. If he had posted that he had no money to mail them as an update to all his frustrated backers, I'd be totally fine with it up to a point - though like starlight, if given the option, I would happily send him the postage money. I'm not so keen to do it at random, in case it was used to send out someone else's instead. THAT is how disorganised it feels. If he'd even send out a kickstarter update saying anyone who will send me - say - $7 - can have their deck right now, I would do, as then it would feel that that might get ME my deck !

It's the lack of information anywhere but facebook, for me.

ofigenno

Too bad I'm late for Darkana :(

gregory

Yes - in his shop - where it says he won't mail any bought there until the existing orders have all gone out.

Winterchild

I don't think it is the "not schmoozing the forum". I am still supporting two delayed projects that have no presence here at all (or not that I have seen) - and I have no - irritations, even, with them. They send out regular kickstarter updates saying what has happened (and that takes the same time as making an FB post, as putting the info on kickstarter sends it automatically to every last backer !)

I think it is - for instance - this post saying he was waiting to raise money to pay for the postage was NOT sent out as a kickstarter update. It should have been. There are more people than me who support kickstarter and don't have a facebook presence. So I and they only get info from this thread. When my deck is held up - I have no idea why. That is what I mind. If he had posted that he had no money to mail them as an update to all his frustrated backers, I'd be totally fine with it up to a point - though like starlight, if given the option, I would happily send him the postage money. I'm not so keen to do it at random, in case it was used to send out someone else's instead. THAT is how disorganised it feels. If he'd even send out a kickstarter update saying anyone who will send me - say - $7 - can have their deck right now, I would do, as then it would feel that that might get ME my deck !

It's the lack of information anywhere but facebook, for me.

This is totally how I feel gregory.... the updates absolutely should be on Kickstarter. I am getting rather annoyed by the reliance on Facebook to convey information about things like this, assuming that everyone has Facebook and visits regularly is just wrong. Updates should be done at the source imho.

And it seems Dan has gotten in a pickle.... no sales as he cant post them and this will lead to bad rep. I wonder if he could ask folk who have preordered, for postage and limit it to sending say 10 a day to those who have responded, so as to avoid confusion?

tarotlyn

This is totally how I feel gregory.... the updates absolutely should be on Kickstarter. I am getting rather annoyed by the reliance on Facebook to convey information about things like this, assuming that everyone has Facebook and visits regularly is just wrong. Updates should be done at the source imho.

And it seems Dan has gotten in a pickle.... no sales as he cant post them and this will lead to bad rep. I wonder if he could ask folk who have preordered, for postage and limit it to sending say 10 a day to those who have responded, so as to avoid confusion?
:heart: Winterchild, that is an excellent :):thumbsup: idea, and maybe someone that knows him best can suggest that to him?
i, for one, would be willing, to send him 'reasonable' postage fees just to get what i already paid for.

Is there anyone here that knows him well enough to suggest this to him? This idea could very well
be the one that gets him out of the hole he has dug here.