Darkana Tarot Deck on kickstarter

gregory

We don't exactly PAY FOR a deck on Kickstarter; we support one in its creation and hope we get it. I still genuinely expect to. No idea when though !

GryffinSong

This looks like such an interesting deck. I hope things get squared away. I'm hesitant to order until some of you have it in hand and the shipping issues are resolved.

Essjay

And it seems Dan has gotten in a pickle.... no sales as he cant post them and this will lead to bad rep. I wonder if he could ask folk who have preordered, for postage and limit it to sending say 10 a day to those who have responded, so as to avoid confusion?

Exactly this. I do feel bad for him as he didn't calculate the amount he'd need when he set his funding limit for Kickstarter. Obviously the cost of printing was higher leaving nothing for posting out. Now for every deck sale he sells *that* money goes to sending out earlier decks and so on.

However, this doesn't bode well for me as I purchased after the KS direct from his webpage. I'm chalking this one up as a, "not going to happen," I think and moving on. If it does come it'll be a nice surprise.

3 of Cups

Hi all,

I have been patient--I think...but I just tried to contact Dan to find out the status of the deck dan@dandonche.com

Does anyone have his current address? (The above address does not work.)

Thanks!

Winterchild

You can contact him through the dreaded FB, but I am guessing the poor guy is in his cave. Hopefully when he feels up to it and is in a positive mood, he will sort something out.

I still think the best bet is to ask for postage, maybe in alphabetical order, or something that doesn't cause too much confusion with everyone doing it at once. He could release a message asking all of us who have paid and want our decks if we could send him a few bucks to get out decks to us. he must have some kind of database, from the original paypal payments, so he could cross reference and get the details of those who send postage.

Some have actually got their decks I believe, so they are there waiting....!

shadowdancer

Yeah, I am one of those who has the deck. I will offer readings here at At in time with it, but in fairness to those who are waiting in line, I don't want to be overly wax lyrical or anything about it as yet. It may come across as frustrating to those who have no idea as to when their copies will arrive, if that makes sense?

All I can say is, I feel it is worth the wait and you won't be disappointed with the product when you do see it. I think this has proved a huge learning curve for Dan, and as far as I can tell he is still trying his best to send them out a few each time he is able to. But send them he will. I knew postage to NZ was going to be higher than if he sent them within the US, so I had no qualms in sending extra for postage. It was always going to be insane to believe the deck including postage to NZ was only going to be $20.

Davina

Tarotwolf

I'm surprised people are still waiting on their decks, I got my copy quite some time ago! I was checking on this thread to see if everyone loved the deck as much as I do. I'm sure he'll get all the orders sent out. I missed the Kickstarter program so I ordered from his website.

The deck is just amazing! It's worth the wait.

gregory

That IS weird, as his website says no orders placed there will go out till all the kickstarter ones are mailed.
*This item is in stock, but I am shipping out all the preorders at this moment. Your deck will ship as soon as those preorders have been shipped.

I feel rather discomfited to hear that you have yours - nothing personal. We backers are what made it possible for him to sell them on his site in the end :mad:

Tarotwolf

Hi Gregory, it might make you feel slightly better to know I placed my order only a few days after the kickstarter project ended and I do live here in the States (mailing it out was probably easier than shipping overseas). Also, I can't be sure but I think I had to pay more for my deck.

gregory

Oh nothing against you - but he does SAY on his site that the backer ones will go out first. So if you - a non-backer - have yours - that means that isn't actually true. Which in turn means maybe those of us who did back him and paid him way back when, so that he could actually produce the deck, may have to wait while people paying more actually get their decks. And as I have already OFFERED him to pay more for postage as I do feel sorry for him getting that wrong... :(