Wildwood Tarot - Revised Edition

Melia

Does anyone have this new version with the lovely celtic tree design on the card backs? http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/553230_241450312653669_1303593891_n.png

I don't believe any of the card images have changed, but the book has been updated to include more information on the court cards. Unfortunately the cardstock is the same; but more importantly the box has remained unchanged, so there would be no way of knowing which version of the deck is inside the box, unless you opened it. Who was the idiot who made that marketing decision, I wonder ...

If there is anyone who has the new version of the Wildwood, where did you make your purchase?

Shade

Hrrmmmm the best way to tell will be to do an ISBN check. Unfortunately I am sure a new box design would mean added production costs.

The new backs are lovely.

karen0205

Those are really pretty. Mine just have the plain green backs
with the thin little border.

ValerieReikiLMT

I bought mine at Barnes and Noble, I happened to have the newer edition. I really enjoy this deck, but there is very little lamination and after a couple of shuffles I had some scuffing on the back on a couple of the cards. The sides also *chipped* a little, white pieces of the card stock came off...I adore the artwork and the meaningfulness of them The deck really speaks to me on a very primal level. I am not so enamoured with the quality of the cardstock...makes me sad.

magpie9

I bought mine at Barnes and Noble, I happened to have the newer edition. I really enjoy this deck, but there is very little lamination and after a couple of shuffles I had some scuffing on the back on a couple of the cards. The sides also *chipped* a little, white pieces of the card stock came off...I adore the artwork and the meaningfulness of them The deck really speaks to me on a very primal level. I am not so enamoured with the quality of the cardstock...makes me sad.

What's the ISBN number? Does anyone have the old ISBN number for comparison? Surely there's some way to tell them apart....

Melia

I had not thought of that magpie9.

My deck - with plain card back design - has ISBN number 978 1 4027 8106 3
Book Depository has 2 Wildwood decks currently listed:
ISBN number 978 1 8590 6318 7 ... AND ... 978 1 4027 8106 3

Alison Cross

Last that I heard, there was not a new number for the revised deck. However, I'll check with the publishers so that I can amend the website accordingly. I'll revert back here with their answer :)

Alison Cross

Le Fanu

I wish they'd revise the fronts...

Melia

Thanks Alison. Much appreciated.

LeFanu, any particular cards, or all of them? It seems this deck is not for you.

Alison Cross

OK, heard back from the publisher - there IS no way to tell whether the deck is the original or revised copy. There ARE 2 numbers as mentioned above, but one is for the US market and one is for the UK market.

The US ISBN end is 8106-3 and the UK one ends in 318-7.

Ali Cross x