Madame Dora's Fortune Telling Cards?

IheartTarot

Link to pics

MysticalMoose said:
I just had a look around & can't find any pics of any of the cards anywhere... am curious :)

Amateur surfers ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/MADAME-DORAS-FO...X-SET-NEW-/270620811559?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

http://books.google.co.za/books?id=vFRT4l7TC5oC&printsec=frontcover&dq=%22madame+dora's+fortune-telling+cards%22&source=bl&ots=0NTZ3qdDr0&sig=XAraat3Ewg-UGTXt98YI2WSbxuA&hl=en&ei=zHJrTPOsH9O4jAeo2tTaAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CCkQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q&f=false

(copy and paste above URL for google books into your web browser without any spaces)

MysticalMoose

I can only see one pic :( - it doesnt show any cards...other than the front card in the shrinkwrap... or Am I missing something???? :confused:

<looks puzzled>

cardlady22

Copy and paste that second "long" URL and it links to the Table of Contents- names all the cards, b&w scans, etc.

:thumbsup: Thank you!

celticnoodle

oh they look like a cute little deck. this looks like a great deck for children as well to use. I like them. :)

thanks for the link!

lark

Awwww they are cute, now i wish i would have bought one for $2.00 back in '07.

MysticalMoose

cardlady22 said:
Copy and paste that second "long" URL and it links to the Table of Contents- names all the cards, b&w scans, etc.

:thumbsup: Thank you!

Thank youuuuuuu! :thumbsup: It doesn't take much to confuseme at the moment :D

cardlady22

I took a chance on an Amazon seller. :p

purplemoon

celticnoodle said:
oh they look like a cute little deck. this looks like a great deck for children as well to use. I like them. :)

thanks for the link!

I'm not sure the book is all that suited to a child, Madame Dora is a bit of a character... She talks about her love of smoking, drinking and playing poker...she read for people in the great depression to feed her family and this deck is designed and written by her grandchildren and how they remember her and her stories. You can read some of the card meanings in the Google link IheartTarot posted. Very funny and straight to the point. Now I want to see how accurate they are! Just because they don't look like a serious deck I'm dying to see how they play out.

cardlady22

Got my set (shipped to a relative) while I was away! Very quirky style of drawing, but not ugly, IMO. The finish is glossy; card size 3 x 4.5 inches
*book is 4 x 6 inches ~ both fit into sunken wells in a plastic inner tray. I've attached a couple of pics.

Discerning Darla ~ Insight
Just Janet ~ Justice
Quirky Quincy ~ Reality

Ain't-Life-Grand Gertie ~ Contentment
Relaxed Rocky ~ Indulgence
Wise Walter ~ Possibilities

Attachments

• MDoraftc1.jpg
    MDoraftc1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 87
  • MDoraftc2.jpg
    MDoraftc2.jpg