Medicine and Sacred Path Cards

Guiding Cauldron

i have teh medicine cards, lovely as well on their own as i lik ethem...but i had no idea they were revised? i think i have one of teh original decks but i cnat be sure..mine have a light blue back to teh cards with a lightening bolt design...i'll have to try and search for teh differences now.....

blackstormhawk

If you have a jaguar, I think you have the new deck.

Mi-Shell

The Cards:

1.Pipe
2.Sweat Lodge
3.Vision Quest
4.Peyote Ceremony
5.Standing People
6.Sun Dance
7.Medicine Wheel
8.East Shield
9.South Shield
10.West Shield
11.North Shield
12.Arrow
13.Coral
14.Kokopelli
15.Talking Stick
16.Power Place
17.Moon Lodge
18.Whirling Rainbow
19.Painted Face
20.Counting Coup
21.Rites of Passage
22.Heyokah
23.Smoke Signals
24.Council Fire
25.Pow-Wow
26.Warbonnet
27.Cradleboard
28.Medicine Bundle
29.Storyteller
30.Fire Medicine
31.Medicine Bowl
32.Drum
33.Dreamtime
34.Burden Basket
35.Shawl
36.Thunder-beings
37.Great Mystery
38.Field of Plenty
39.Stone People
40.Great Smoking Mirror
41.Shaman's Death
42.Hour of Power
43.Give-Away Ceremony
44.Sacred Space

Millie, I think for all the other information you will have to dig up the book!
It has 325 pages.........
Good luck!

Milfoil

Thankyou for the great information.

Since my luggage has been lost and is not yet with us, I don't have my usual deck to do a daily draw from so, of course, I used these. Trouble is, without the knowledge or language I wasn't really sure what I was looking at.

Thanks to Mi-Shell, I can at least take a guess now.

Yesterday I drew card 5 - Standing People and today I drew card 36 - Thunder-beings. (Not sure exactly what they mean but at least now I can go look things up)

Thankyou and if you have any info about the above two cards, I would really appreciate it. ;)

blackstormhawk

I do not know how the book interprets those ... perhaps, though, the Standing People would indicate that you needed to take time to think and contemplate yesterday ... today, the Thunder Beings say that it is a time for action, and for expressing your personal power.

Mi-Shell

The Standing People are the Trees, your roots, being proud and secure and also connectedness to the Earth Mother but also and giving to others- but not giving more soil than you can affort = endangering your roots.

More tonight - maybe, iffffff I have time!??????????????????????

Milfoil

Very interesting. Standing people has an image of trees on it so that is very interesting about connectedness, giving and being rooted. A very distinct message which makes a great deal of sense to me and particularly that day.

Thankyou.

Milfoil

Oooh-Kayyyy

Today is no 22 Heyokah - yet when I google about both Thunder Beings and Heyokah, they are very much linked.

Clearly there is a distinct message here! I know very little about NA Indian beliefs so this is interesting territory.

Bat Chicken

Hi Milfoil - I missed this thread being reactivated... There is a 'workbook' available out there as well...

The book says Heyokah "is a contrary clown who hold total wisdom and teaches the People through laughter and opposites." and is the 'ally' of Coyote.

You may be acting too serious or are doing the opposite of what you should be. Advice in the book:
"Stop leaking your creative energy on other people's problems or high drama."
(I think there was a reason I found this thread now :laugh:)

Mi-Shell

Iffff you dream of the Binee'see' the Wakinian, the Thunderbeings, THIS is the sign that you HAVE to become a Heyokah!