Need help finding a stone for faith/hope

elle_muse

What's a good stone for restoring ones faith/keeping hope alive when you feel like giving up on something?

Stones like citrine are optimistic and rose quartz provide love and comfort, but I'm thinking more for when you're manifesting something or when you're feeling down but need to feel the universe telling you not to give up on your dreams. This can be for anything.

stone_lotus

What's a good stone for restoring ones faith/keeping hope alive when you feel like giving up on something?

Labradorite.

Stones have a different effect depending on the person, of course, but I very much associate Labradorite with hope and comfort.

Last year, when I was just getting into crystals, I was researching online for which stones would be helpful in the development of the intuition/clairvoyance. Labradorite got a lot of hits for this, so I went to a crystal shop in town and picked one up to examine it more closely, and the second I held it in my hand, I was flooded with an overwhelming sense of peace and comfort and hope. It wasn't what I was expecting at all!! I didn't want to put it down, it felt that good. Indeed, I didn't put it down -- I bought it immediately and in the dozens and dozens of stones I've worked with and purchased since then, it remains my favorite. <3

MandMaud

My first thought was courage: carnelian, and other red stones (garnet? ruby? I'm no expert! - ruby zoisite?? Someone who knows, jump in and correct me! :laugh:). The sort of courage that keeps you positive, keeps you going for the long haul (rather than the adrenaline kind which is for a crisis). Thinking root chakra stuff.

Endurance, I'm not really sure.

People were advising me about stones for positivity and persistence, on another thread recently... I'll just go and find it. :)

MandMaud

Here you go: http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=243881

Almost throughout the thread, people suggest crystals for strength, hope, inner peace, all sorts of words that feel to me like the same sort of theme...

... and I realise I made a leap from the hope/faith thing you said, to a strength/stamina thing, oops! That's because my mind connects them; when I can't visualise things working out, it's almost always when I'm either physically overtired, or emotionally overloaded. Sometimes just taking a day off from trying, and/or a change of scene or other break in routine, is all it takes - sometimes it needs more help. :)

Padma

I would have said Lapis Lazuli myself...

But here, try out this guide - just scroll down to find the emotion or strength you are trying to find, and it will suggest.

http://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal-reference-guide

In the end, your best bet is to go to the crystal store, and go with that thought in mind - ask to be guided to the right stone; when you pick them up, you should be able to feel which one is "right" for that :) (tingles, heart palpitations, feelings of peace, etc.)

elle_muse

Thanks so much, everyone!

I actually have a labradorite, which is so pretty to look at. I use carnelian too, but I feel like it doesn't really work for me.

MandMaude, I do have stones for inner peace and strength, but as you said, I'm looking for a little bit more power!

Thanks for that link, Padma. Really great site; I'm scrolling through the list now.

Padma

Garnet is a great stone for empowerment, and strength...gives you a lot of faith *in yourself* :) it is a known success stone for women; and is very good for both the root chakra, and to alleviate symptoms of feminine flux (menstruation). I love mine...

elle_muse

Garnet is a great stone for empowerment, and strength...gives you a lot of faith *in yourself* :) it is a known success stone for women; and is very good for both the root chakra, and to alleviate symptoms of feminine flux (menstruation). I love mine...

Ooh! A known success for women? How so? Can you tell me more or direct me to the right info to support this? :) I've always been attracted to the colour, but I always assumed it was an expensive stone, like a ruby or emerald.

elle_muse

Thanks, Padma! These are great links. :)