Moonstone Turning Blue-Pregnant?

elle_muse

Hello!

This morning, I was walking to the grocery store and noticed my moonstone ring has turned blue. The bottom half of my oval moonstone is blue, and it's not the trick of the light. It is the strangest thing!

It was something that really grabbed my attention, because it literally turned blue over night. I look at my rings all the time, I always pay special attention to them, so I know every single detail.

I googled and read that it's know to turn blue with pregnancy. Has this happened to any of you? With moonstone or any other stone?

elle_muse

Absolutely nothing to add? :)

I'm sure people have similar stories!

Padma

Hi Elle :)

I have never heard that about a stone changing due to pregnancy. The only thing known to change a stone's colour is intense heat, and I mean *really* intense - like, core of the earth intense - or else being left sat in the sun too long, if the stone is one of those that cannot take sun.

Have you tried a pregnancy kit?

PS is this a so called rainbow moonstone? (I say so called, because it is actually a form of Labradorite) If so, please know that under certain light, these stones have an opalescent, blue flash in them - called the Shiller effect, or Labradoressence - that can seem like it comes and goes. The light has to hit it just right for the flash to appear. And it is usually sunlight that illuminates the flash.

elle_muse

Hi Elle :)

I have never heard that about a stone changing due to pregnancy. The only thing known to change a stone's colour is intense heat, and I mean *really* intense - like, core of the earth intense - or else being left sat in the sun too long, if the stone is one of those that cannot take sun.

Have you tried a pregnancy kit?

PS is this a so called rainbow moonstone? (I say so called, because it is actually a form of Labradorite) If so, please know that under certain light, these stones have an opalescent, blue flash in them - called the Shiller effect, or Labradoressence - that can seem like it comes and goes. The light has to hit it just right for the flash to appear. And it is usually sunlight that illuminates the flash.

Hey, Padma!

It's too early for a pregnancy test. The best thing is to wait until my period is late. Otherwise, of course I'd rather use a test to give me a real answer ;-p.

This is my second moonstone ring, and I have so so many moonstones all over my apartment (moonstone is my face stone, so I know about the light flashing causing the change in colours). This is the weirdest thing. I've taken pictures an even my best friend noticed that it changed colour. It's not just under the light. Yes, it does flash colours under the light, but it's not all milky/cloudy white anymore in its natural state. It's permanently changed colour and every day it's like there's less white and more blue.

As a scientist myself, I thought of logical and scientific explanations first, and when I read on a baby forum that a few women had this happen...I started to wonder!

Thanks though! I hope you're well. :)

Falcor

How unusual..please let us know if you are really preghant in the end :)

elle_muse

Hello! Just an update to say I'm not pregnant. I finally got my moon after being 10 days late.

Had many similar symptoms, reminding me of when I was pregnant, and had really terrible nausea at the end that lasted for 2 days, but it was likely due to my friend taking a sharp turn in her car.

I went to my trusted crystal store, and explained this little story. The employee thought it was an interesting story and a very peculiar experience, and the only thing she could think of it that she's heard of people putting blue paper behind the moonstone to give it that blue colour when it held in certain light. Maybe some water managed to get through the edge surrounding the stones, making the blue paper darker.

Padma

I went to my trusted crystal store, and explained this little story. The employee thought it was an interesting story and a very peculiar experience, and the only thing she could think of it that she's heard of people putting blue paper behind the moonstone to give it that blue colour when it held in certain light. Maybe some water managed to get through the edge surrounding the stones, making the blue paper darker.

That makes sense. Sorry it didn't work out for you, though. :heart: But I really don't think pregnancy can change a stone's colour.

elle_muse

That makes sense. Sorry it didn't work out for you, though. :heart: But I really don't think pregnancy can change a stone's colour.

Don't be sorry! I'm so happy and relieved I'm not expecting. :)

It was more like...if I am, then I am and I'll figure it out. If not...move on.