blue sunstone?

kim

What do you know about a blue sunstone?
I have one, and was never able to find another one in a store.
The stone feels so comfortable and gets warm very quickly in my hands.
I know it works against negative thoughts but has anyone else ever heard of this stone?

wumpkie

The only close thing I can think of is Blue Goldstone ( http://www.healthstones.com/mineralstore/pyramids/images/PY-FB-BG-5-001.jpg)

"Blue Goldstone is a man-made stone and is made by adding Copper Salts to glass in a furnace. The heat "smelts" the Copper Salts back to Copper which then crystallize in the glass. A blue vegetable dye is added to give the blue colour. The Copper platelets formed this way are suspended in the glass and give it its characteristic glitter ! Goldstone is thought to have originated in Italy, and is still made there today by members of a single monastic community. Legend has it, that it was for a long time a very closely guarded secret how they made it, and even now the manufacture of the material remains the primary source of income for that monastery, even though Goldstone is also commercially made elsewhere these days. Other stories relate how Goldstone is thought to have been discovered by alchemists whilst on their lifelong quest to transmute base metals into gold."

It's also helps with stomach tension and is a crystal with gently uplifting properties. Makes me think of the night sky personally :D

kim

Thank you!!! That is the one.
What is your experience with man-made stones? Do you still consider them a (healing) crystal?

It does remind me of the sky and universe to. That's why I was so drawn to it. I am obsessed with the stars and the dark sky. And I know it sounds a bit silly, but whenever I hold this stone or carry it with me, I feel I am carrying a piece of star sky with me. A piece of the galaxy.

But I am wondering now if this stone is still considered a crystal or more of a synthetic stone. What is your thought about it? And do you know why it gets so warm in your hand so quickly? Is that the copper doing it?

Again, thanks so much for the info!

crystalflame

With man-made stones, I guess, it depends on how they were produced, by whom, and with what intent. There is a theory that the state of mind of the creator is an important factor. I would opt for natural stones whenever it is possible. They should be considered crystals (if they are not in amorphous state), regardless of how they are created.

olori

crystalflame said:
With man-made stones, I guess, it depends on how they were produced, by whom, and with what intent. There is a theory that the state of mind of the creator is an important factor. I would opt for natural stones whenever it is possible. They should be considered crystals (if they are not in amorphous state), regardless of how they are created.

this would make alot of sense when you put it that way. I have always believed that there is a theory that the state of mind of the creator that is handling what ever it is that they are making will always have a great effect on how it will be when it is created. I know that I am going around in circles, but if you put anger into something then whom ever handles it or eats it will also feel that energy.
Ever since watching that movie, I now pay attention where some thing comes from. The pain and anguish those people go through is so sad. I myself would never want to carry that kind of pain