trouble with deck/spirit

ghosthymn

im not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, so let me know if it belogs somewhere else please ^^;

tl;dr my deck likes to play tricks with some readings, and it makes me question all of my readings. i only have the one deck, so i cant just go to another one when i need serious readings. what do i do?

so i have the Archeon tarot deck, it is the first deck i bought, and the only deck i own. it works great most of the time, gives me very insightful readings and is always ready/wanting to teach me. but sometimes it throws out joke readings, where most or all of the cards dont make sense, or they do, but they arent actually what the deck is telling me (the cards make this clear in one way or another)

i try to just accept it and let the deck have its fun, but its gotten to the point where im questioning the readings i do get serious answers for- what if those are actually a joke too?

on top of that, i didnt use my deck for 2 or 3 years after i first got it, and when i first started using it again i apologized and explained why, and everything seemed fine. but recently the deck gave me a card saying it was afraid of me abandoning it, and i talked it through, and asked what i could do to repair the damage i did. it said just work hard and enthusiastically with it, so thats what ive been doing.

but since that reading ive gotten all joke readings, so now i dont even know if it was serious about being upset about that, or what i need to do to repair the relationship.

i really dont know what to do, i love this deck and the readings it gives me when its serious, but im tired of it messing around when im trying to ask serious questions, and i never know if i should take the reading seriously or not.

does anyone else have a deck like this, or any advice on what to do?

ncharge

The Archeon is one of my favorite decks. I love it. But it doesn't mess with me. Why don't you post a sample of one of the joke readings so we can give feedback. You may be reading it wrong. If you are reading the situation correctly, I think you need a second deck. For people who do spirit work, the point is that YOU are in charge, not the spirit. You need another deck to re-establish that point. :)

Maru

The Archeon is one of my favorite decks. I love it. But it doesn't mess with me. Why don't you post a sample of one of the joke readings so we can give feedback. You may be reading it wrong. If you are reading the situation correctly, I think you need a second deck. For people who do spirit work, the point is that YOU are in charge, not the spirit. You need another deck to re-establish that point. :)

Basically this. You may want to post these in YR and just mention you are still learning. It's very hard to troubleshoot this without seeing the readings themselves.

If you are expecting every reading to answer in an aspect you expect, then surprise, welcome to divination. It's part of the learning curve of Tarot in particular. Sometimes the most direct answer is not the one we were thought we were looking for. There are times too when what we ask is a trick question (unbeknownst to ourselves half the time) and that leads to some interesting results...

A more obvious example are questions like "Why is he with me?" ... but what if you're not actually a couple? You're just sleeping around. Then the Tarot might be like "But that's not really the situation now is it?" So it will mirror back a lot of your own stuff, particularly what you're projecting, which is frustrating for the person doing the "fishing".

I would pay close attention to how you word your queries. If you're trying to doing very penetrative readings, try to step back a bit and do more general readings "around" the subject. That way you get a feel for the energy of the situation... then when you do more penetrative readings, it will use those prior readings as a "foundation" for the more detailed aspects of the situation.

Sometimes we go too penetrative with our questions and it ends up throwing back too much, which can seem "broad". If you're going to read something in-depth, you're going to get all the earth that sits above that before you get to the more detailed aspects. Kinda like digging a hole, you will have a pile of earth surrounding you before you finally get to the depths... I look at many self-reading as a long-term process of doing exactly that.

tapasr_57772aeb7

im not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, so let me know if it belogs somewhere else please ^^;

tl;dr my deck likes to play tricks with some readings, and it makes me question all of my readings. i only have the one deck, so i cant just go to another one when i need serious readings. what do i do?

so i have the Archeon tarot deck, it is the first deck i bought, and the only deck i own. it works great most of the time, gives me very insightful readings and is always ready/wanting to teach me. but sometimes it throws out joke readings, where most or all of the cards dont make sense, or they do, but they arent actually what the deck is telling me (the cards make this clear in one way or another)

i try to just accept it and let the deck have its fun, but its gotten to the point where im questioning the readings i do get serious answers for- what if those are actually a joke too?

on top of that, i didnt use my deck for 2 or 3 years after i first got it, and when i first started using it again i apologized and explained why, and everything seemed fine. but recently the deck gave me a card saying it was afraid of me abandoning it, and i talked it through, and asked what i could do to repair the damage i did. it said just work hard and enthusiastically with it, so thats what ive been doing.

but since that reading ive gotten all joke readings, so now i dont even know if it was serious about being upset about that, or what i need to do to repair the relationship.

i really dont know what to do, i love this deck and the readings it gives me when its serious, but im tired of it messing around when im trying to ask serious questions, and i never know if i should take the reading seriously or not.

does anyone else have a deck like this, or any advice on what to do?
The witch's tarot did that to me this morning. I asked what I needed to know about my spiritual path. It replied with The Tower, 3 of wands reversed, 6 of swords. I thought, "ok, another upheaval is in works." Jumped in my car turned left onto the main road and noticed an accident (the tower) that I bitched about (3 of wands reversed ), and after passing it by without much of a delay, continued on my way (6 of swords ).

Maru

The witch's tarot did that to me this morning. I asked what I needed to know about my spiritual path. It replied with The Tower, 3 of wands reversed, 6 of swords. I thought, "ok, another upheaval is in works." Jumped in my car turned left onto the main road and noticed an accident (the tower) that I bitched about (3 of wands reversed ), and after passing it by without much of a delay, continued on my way (6 of swords ).

I'm a new driver in my 30's (past health issues), and this looks like my cards everyday I drive (lol)... Everything is under construction from my house up to the freeway where it is under heavy construction and exits are being torn/moved frequently... I don't think the Tower would feel very grounded in that situation, even more than it already isn't.

Grizabella

Tarot is just a deck of cards. It doesn't have a mind of its own, although sometimes it can seem as though it does. It's just a tool, like a kitchen spatula. My suggestion is to keep renewing your knowledge of your deck and just enjoy getting to know it again. Your readings should settle down and become more understandable in a short time that way, I think. :)

By giving the deck a personality and mind of its own, you give away your own power. The magic that happens with Tarot is a combination of you, your deck, and your knowledge of the cards all working together but the bottom line is your skill in using the cards and your knowledge of them. :)

ghosthymn

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=4970095#post4970095

posted examples here, sorry for the length but i wanted to use as many examples as i could (and i still left some out for sake of clarity OTL)

grizabella, with all due respect, i believe each deck has its own spirit. i appreciate your advice and will take it to heart, but i dont believe seeing my deck as a spirit/something with a personality and a mind of its own takes the power in reading away from me, it just shares it with the deck as well. ^^

Ruby Jewel

I think Grizabella has given very practical and effective advice here. I would add one consideration to her post and that is to not judge so quickly. Many times I have failed to "connect" with a reading right away, but if I will leave it on the table for awhile, a "connect" will happen. Sometimes the cards need time to gestate in our subconscious. The cards are always "spot on".... they do not joke......so don't give up prematurely is what I'm saying. The message is there, and it is your challenge to divulge it. First of all, you have to have confidence in the cards or you might as well forget them altogether.

I am not familiar with the deck you use. I use the Rider Waite as the generic deck which speaks the message of the tarot loud and clear to me. The clones, if true clones, should speak the same language. If they are not clones, then different cards should render the same message....not a different message, so, for me, the deck is just a tool...that becomes imbued with the energy of whomever uses them. I see that energy, not as 'power'.... but as constellations of archetypal energy in the unconscious that is transmitted. I presume that is what is meant by the term "power."

As regards a "personal" power..... our only so-called individual "power" is like that of the Magician's....as a conduit, which is clearly stated in the "posture" of the Magician. The 'tools' are inert objects on the table in front of him. The psychic power from the spiritual world comes through the Magician/tarot reader, and is transformed into a message with the tools on the table, aka the tarot cards. The ability to decipher the message in the cards takes wisdom and knowledge. For that you may refer back to Grizabella's post.

ghosthymn

ruby jewel, i write my readings in a tarot journal and often go back and look them over. for the serious readings they have usually sunk in a bit more, and for the daily readings i do i can usually see what the cards meant.

but for the joke readings, it doesnt feel like im disconnected from the cards, or the meanings, it just seems like theyre not being serious. for about a month now i will get good readings one after another after another, and then i will get a reading that doesnt make sense, no matter how long i let the cards sit, no matter how long i think about what they could mean..

for example, the reading i posted in the other thread was almost a month ago, it was the first joke reading i got, and i still cant imagine what it could mean, other than nothing. the other joke readings, or whatever they are, are the same way. i dont think its me failing to connect with the cards, i think its my deck messing with me. i could be wrong of course, but thats what i think.

i believe the cards are more than a tool. i believe they are a spirit, and there is power in that, the same as there is power in me reading them, and the messages that come through them. its okay if you have a different opinion, thats just mine ^^

Ruby Jewel

ruby jewel, i write my readings in a tarot journal and often go back and look them over. for the serious readings they have usually sunk in a bit more, and for the daily readings i do i can usually see what the cards meant.

but for the joke readings, it doesnt feel like im disconnected from the cards, or the meanings, it just seems like theyre not being serious. for about a month now i will get good readings one after another after another, and then i will get a reading that doesnt make sense, no matter how long i let the cards sit, no matter how long i think about what they could mean..

for example, the reading i posted in the other thread was almost a month ago, it was the first joke reading i got, and i still cant imagine what it could mean, other than nothing. the other joke readings, or whatever they are, are the same way. i dont think its me failing to connect with the cards, i think its my deck messing with me. i could be wrong of course, but thats what i think.

i believe the cards are more than a tool. i believe they are a spirit, and there is power in that, the same as there is power in me reading them, and the messages that come through them. its okay if you have a different opinion, thats just mine ^^

Of course it is okay to have different opinions. Like all things in life, they are hypothetical solutions to a myriad of propensities and potentialities of this esoteric world we attempt to understand. All opinions stand equal with the only exceptions being those that resonate with us, personally. So, that is why we communicate. I'm not sure if you read my entire post as I seem to keep adding to it ad infinitum (laugh).