Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 300 : April 29 - May 5

RavenOfSummer

Thank you VG! I am definitely in again with the Voice of the Trees Oracle. Still debating about a tarot deck, so will be back to add one or two more decks to this pick :)

Tabula Mundi and Flowers of the Night oracle. I might throw in some Lasenic Tarot too, since I'm doing #TarotToo with it.

csmith, would love to hear how you get on with Flowers of the Night! I have not worked with mine yet but am planning to delve into it this summer.

The Victorian Fairy Tarot and Tarot of the Hidden Realm for me, please.

And Happy Beltane for any of you who celebrate! :)

Happy Beltane Green Faerie!

Madame Squee

Thank you for the thread, VG. :love:

Please sign me up the Distant Past Tarot and STS Lenormand.

Ballerina

Hi all. I am going to stay with Zirkus Magi again this week.

DaughterOfDanu

Starchild Tarot and Spirit de la Lune for me.

Green Faerie

Happy Beltane Green Faerie!

Thank you! <3 It's technically tomorrow into Monday, but we've had a beautiful two days where I am, weather-wise, so it's felt very festive! :)

Scarlet Woodland

Just out of curiosity, as I know a lot of you really didn't get on with the Tarot Of Trees' cardstock... which editions do you guys have? I only ask because I love my lil TOT, even down to the cardstock. It shuffles beautifully and I've had no trouble with chipping; even though it was a reduced, imperfect copy. The images aren't perfectly centered but the borders are still much more even than on my Schiffer decks. Mine is the 2nd edition BTW. Wondering if there's a difference or (more likely) if it's just my weird taste :D

Alice wise, I'm remembering why I never feel like I've given it a good run at the end of the week. So many of the images are soooo stupidly beautiful, that I can't bring myself to turn another card and cover them up. I've been staring at the fool and the five of pentacles since yesterday. Can't decide whether to power through it or embrace the gorgeousness and continue drooling.

CharlotteK

Just out of curiosity, as I know a lot of you really didn't get on with the Tarot Of Trees' cardstock... which editions do you guys have? I only ask because I love my lil TOT, even down to the cardstock. It shuffles beautifully and I've had no trouble with chipping; even though it was a reduced, imperfect copy. The images aren't perfectly centered but the borders are still much more even than on my Schiffer decks. Mine is the 2nd edition BTW. Wondering if there's a difference or (more likely) if it's just my weird taste :D

Alice wise, I'm remembering why I never feel like I've given it a good run at the end of the week. So many of the images are soooo stupidly beautiful, that I can't bring myself to turn another card and cover them up. I've been staring at the fool and the five of pentacles since yesterday. Can't decide whether to power through it or embrace the gorgeousness and continue drooling.

I have the 3rd edition ToT, which had peeling corners brand new out of the box. I've edged it with black sharpie, which has helped disguise the flaws. As a reading deck, it's very effective and utterly charming. I wish it had better cardstock. Sounds like there's a big difference between 2nd edition and this latest one, which makes you wonder what went wrong!

AJ

Jui Guoliang's Chinese tarot, thanks VG

Genna

Steampunk Tarot.

DaughterOfDanu

I'm gonna have to make a change VG. Looks like the Faeries have been calling my name so I pulled out my Tarot of the Hidden Realm and Froud's Faerie oracles and really connected with their energy. :)