Ace of cups

Adriana

Usually I associate the aces with something new, but I got this card when asking about someones feelings for someone, and they haven't seen each other for a long time.

So could the ace of cups be about missing someone? Could it be about feeling the need to be forgiven? This confuses me since I normally see the aces as new development or potential.

Zephyros

The Aces are the pure manifestation of their suit, untarnished, unblemished and in fact hold all the other cards of the suit inside them. I could wax on and on about the Tree of Life and how the Ace sits in Keter, the top Sephira representing unadulterated Divine potential, but I won't :). In the case of the Ace of Cups I see pure feeling, emotion, love, the Holy Grail and the like. I think this person really wants to see the other very much, and there could be unresolved issues, perhaps they love the other person (I'm guessing since you didn't furnish too much information). Was this part of a larger reading?

Chiriku

In the Ace of Cups in my head, the cup is overflowing with emotion. I have seen several actual decks render the Ace this way, as well. "My cup runneth over" with emotion is the running theme I associate with this card.

In addition to the meaning you give for Aces--as beginnings--they can also represent the most pure and potent element or the suit symbol in its unadulterated form. The Ace of Cups is pure, overflowing water.

Chiriku

P.S. It appears we were posting at the same time, closrapexa.

Zephyros

Great minds think alike :)

Adriana

Oh, the people in question are exes, that's why I wondered since the ace of cups is often about new emotions. And I wonder if this card could be about missing someone as a potential explanation.

nisaba

Oh, the people in question are exes, that's why I wondered since the ace of cups is often about new emotions. And I wonder if this card could be about missing someone as a potential explanation.

I'd counsel against regarding Cups as being only about one emotion, love. They are about ALL emotions: love, hatred, happiness, sadness, the whole gamut.

For exes, the Ace would simply say that they are not over each other yet - there are a lot of strong feelings. Those strong feelings don't have to be positive.