Druid Plant Oracle - study group?

Cat*

I thought, I'd post this here in the study group thread, too:

Woohoo! I finally worked out what the border of the Druid Plant Oracle says! :D

It's the same border as in the Druid Animal Oracle, which is supposed to convey a message in the ogham tree alphabet. After some trial and error with different versions of online ogham alphabets, I arrived at the following.

The plants read clockwise, starting from the bottom left. In order of appearance they are (check for yourself here):

rowan, yew, willow, holly, aspen, ash / holly, gorse / gorse, heather, elder / willow, gorse, ash, ivy / rowan, yew, willow, holly, aspen, ash / holly, gorse / gorse, heather, elder / hazel, silver fir, rowan, rowan / silver fir, rowan, rowan / yew, willow / gorse, ash, aspen

which translates to

LISTEN TO OUR SONG, LISTEN TO OUR CALL, ALL IS ONE.

(Now please tell me that this hasn't been discussed here before and a simple forum search would have been enough... ;))

inanna_tarot

lol I dont think it has been discussed here.. but when I worked it out I put it as my signature line hehe.

Tis a wonderful little detail to know isnt it!

Bat Chicken

Excellent observation!

Cat*

inanna_tarot said:
but when I worked it out I put it as my signature line hehe.
Now that you mention it...

rachelcat

"Plant Lore, Legends, and Lyrics"

I was surfing around and came to this cool free download, "Plant Lore, Legends, and Lyrics," a book dated 1884. It has chapters on "world trees," "plants of Christianity," "witches' plants," etc., plus an alphabetical enclyclopedia of plant legends. It's cool because it includes "lyrics," English and Classical poetry and folk rhymes for various plants. I haven't looked to see what Druid Plant Oracle plants are included, but I'm sure many are.

http://books.google.com/books?vid=O...&dq=plant+lore+legends+and+lyrics#PRA1-PA1,M1

(I found the link on Raven Grimassi's College of the Crossroads site, the "witch school" of the author of the Well Worn Path and Hidden Path.)

Enjoy!

(Now I have to figure out how to print it at work without getting in trouble!)

Bat Chicken

Wicked find Rachelcat! Thanks for posting that...

I am not sure printing it out will be so easy - it's 657 pages - even if several pages are apparently blank, I think I'll keep this one digital!

inanna_tarot

looks amazing rachelcat! Ta for sharing :D

Milfoil

The book is only a limited preview isn't it? When I searched it all I got were snippets, no full pages.

rachelcat

I signed up for the circle!!

Milfoil said:
The book is only a limited preview isn't it? When I searched it all I got were snippets, no full pages.

I think you have to download it? Also, there are alot of blank pages in the file at the beginning, so maybe you just have to scroll past those. I got the whole book, including the back cover!