The Black Light BOTA

rwcarter

OK - have deck; have pens. I am NOT sure I can shade as beautifully as you have; we shall see.... I may just have to run with blocky colour. That will be better than my f-ing up more complex things....
Of course we expect you to post pics!

gregory

Of this one - as long as it isn't as crap as the last one - sure. Of the last one - NEVER !

christianfbryant

The colors aren't entirely consistent with the intended colors for the BOTA deck in part because of the color limitations of the markers. But also because I wanted to try some "stream of thought" visualization for how I felt about the meaning of each card.

First, this is incredible! But I did have the thought about the intended colors. However, much of what we do with the B.O.T.A. tarot comes from intent and visualization. I truly feel the wow factor of this is inspiring and you can find yourself all the more focused on your B.O.T.A. reading because of that. I can't criticize this work. Magnificent!

Morwenna

I just saw this thread and I'm Blown Away!! Black light Tarot?? I'd be SO there if I knew how to do that! (Of course I gave up art before learning how to shade, so that might be problematic...)

Padma

Agviz, it's my first time in your thread - just saw it now. You did a freaking fantastic job! :D

FLizarraga

The glass-like sound you hear is my jaw breaking on the floor. Absolutely AMAZING. Well done, agviz! :thumbsup:

I love everything: the colors, the floating effect, and that wonderful, wonderful box.

gregory

I just saw this thread and I'm Blown Away!! Black light Tarot?? I'd be SO there if I knew how to do that! (Of course I gave up art before learning how to shade, so that might be problematic...)
Assuming I ever manage this (have pens; am chicken....) I shall HAVE to block colour, myself...

Laurelle

I've colored the BOTA deck a lot! All the Bota lessons and books by Case and Davies AND the cards, but yours are so, so awesome. You inspired me!

Keep up the artistic flare. Those were absolutely beautiful.

Love the box, btw.

Amazing!!!!

xoxoxoxoxox

reall

just remembered to ask is BOTA free copyright in case someone color it like this and decide to sell?x,x or did we had this question answered already?x,x
(asking because I want to make *restored/aged look Ancient Tarot that would go well with my Ancient Lenormand deck that turns out surprisingly popular!^^ lolz :)

Laurelle

just remembered to ask is BOTA free copyright in case someone color it like this and decide to sell?x,x or did we had this question answered already?x,x
(asking because I want to make *restored/aged look Ancient Tarot that would go well with my Ancient Lenormand deck that turns out surprisingly popular!^^ lolz :)

You should look into copyright laws. There is a long thread here.

I'm not sure about coloring the bota deck but I know that original art of any kind is automatically copyrighted.