any new titles in your deck?

M-Press

Hi Arcana!

sorry haven't seen this earlier, but I must say i really your new titles!
I also like all the other suggestions/ideas in this thread... I think that renaming some of the cards makes it more personal, and reflects better the atmosphere of the deck you want to present...

When i did my deck, it was very important for me to use the traditional names. It was a choice then, and maybe if I did another deck now, that will change... i just felt I was adding enough changes to begin with...

Nevertheless, i did change Judgement though--to Angel. I felt it was too religious specific, other wise...
I was also contemplating on making the Hanged Man, Hanged ONE, but then I thought that I have put far more women in the deck anyway, and my feminist views were not to be threatend by that... Just like I like the title "The family of Man". I'm ok with it. let them have the titles... we'll get all the rest... ;)

Arcana

M-Press, thanks for your reply! I agree with you that renaming some of the card makes a deck more personal. But it's main importance to me is, that my new titles reflect my own views on the cards and the Journey of the Fool better. But I absolutely respect a decision not to change any of the names! It's completely up to the artist, and of course it depends on the atmosphere of the deck (as you so beautifully put it ;) ). Who knows, maybe if I ever decide to create another deck it will have the traditional names... It's an artists prerogative, isn't it? :)

I do like changing Judgement to Angel! I've had some problems with the old title as well, mainly because of it's christian interpretation. And 'Angel' feels so much more loving and merciful!

M-Press

Arcana said:
I do like changing Judgement to Angel! I've had some problems with the old title as well, mainly because of it's christian interpretation. And 'Angel' feels so much more loving and merciful!

Just to note that this was not my own idea, as i wanted something traditional, but I saw this in an old Italian deck, and thought: if Italians did it, then so can I!
;)