2 of Wands

Astraea Aurora

Hi folks,

so I pulled my daily card ... two of Wands ... everything's fine with it. I see a man, standing on an outlook in a castle, looking at the ocean, holding a globe in one hand and one wand in the other hand ... wait a minute. He's only holding one wand! Where's the second wand?? I see some kind of wand behind him, tucked to the wall, right above his hat. Is this supposed to be his second wand? Why hide it?

Can anyone help me clear up my confusion?

Thanks in advance and many blessings for today, Astraea Aurora

annik

Maybe the wand fixed on the wall is holding a flag. He seems to be waiting or on the lookout for something. He seems to be a trader.

doreen

The wand strapped to the wall suggests to me, that you may need to decide whether to expand in a new direction, or build on what you have. This to me is a card of planning, from a solid foundation.
Doreen

Astraea Aurora

'Twas indeed a day of planning, my whole family has been to the civil law notary due to some inheriting process on our house. So there's been this planning act and our house itself depicted in the 2 of Wands.

Thanks annik and doreen for your input. Yesterday morning I was just thinking 'Oh, ok, I will simply be there watching, no doing, no speaking.' And know I see so much more in it.

Blessings, Astraea Aurora

spinningspider

You folks have given me much insight on ways to look at the 2 of Wands. Thank you. I'll meditate on it and see what I come up with, too.

spinningspider

Two of Wands

The "Two of Wands" has been a difficult card for me personally, perhaps because it's so hard for me to wait patiently, the card's underlying theme. With a spider as my totem, you'd think I'd be great at waiting!! The truth ~ not very...I relate more to the busy, spinning qualities of the spider! But I admire and strive to be more like those who have a keen sense of timing, knowing when to act and understanding when not to.

After rereading Robin's book, however, I was soothed by her words that the Two of Wands represents, "ACTIVE WAITING." Robin continues, "Not sitting and doing nothing, and looking only to the future and what you expect to happen, but using the time of enforced inactivity to recuperate and develop within." Say, I do that all the time, after all! I'm an active waiter!! Good thing I went back and read Robin's write-up.

I'm still not much on patience though, so this is a card that can teach much when it comes up in a reading. The man represented is quietly contemplative...not on-edge in any way, irregardless of whatever he's wishing or hoping for. I'm reminded that it takes a while before a seed turns into a full-grown plant, let alone dons flowers. Despite what I've set into motion, I cannot (and wouldn't want to) control people as if they were puppets, nor situations as if they were plays. The world may be our oyster, as shown by the figure holding the globe of possibilities in his hand, but steps, be they ever so small, may be needed to achieve true success. As Robin wrote, "...good things coming."

The two wands themselves hold a lot of information. One is held upright by the gent and the other is attached to a wall next to him. Two's, in Tarot, I'm told are cards of balance, therefore the silver wand he's holding stands for "inner growth and activity," and the wand fastened to the wall shows "...that sometimes the activity is forced to be still." The Two of Wands wisely instructs that what makes all the difference to us and those around us is our attitude: We can be miserable in the waiting, causing no one to want to be around us, or we can comply and abide with grace and dignity. Sometimes silence IS golden. Sometimes taking a rejuvenating nap is a splendid idea. Sometimes a long walk by ourselves will make a world of difference.

There's A LOT of color and motif symbolism in the Two of Wands...at least as much or more than other cards. Of course, Robin always points out that what these things mean to us as readers are the most important factors. But in a nutshell, here's some of Robin's intended symbolism: blonde hair=element of fire; deep blue hat and tunic=deep spirituality; red trim=courage; blue-green gem in hat=the sea; red roses on tabard=passion, desire, activity; golden squares on tabard=stability; five petals of rose=basic shape of pentagram=balance with creative forces of nature; white lilies on tabard=purity, intellect, chastity.....etc.....etc.... Sometimes, as a reader, I focus in on one or two of these symbols, and then I know that they're important for that particular reading. It would be nearly impossible, in my opinion, to take notice of ALL of the symbolism all at once, and isn't necessary to do so as some symbols simply may not be relevant at the time.