Recurring Card - Lady of the Harvest

13thFaeChylde

I pull this card quite regularly...maybe twice a month or so.
She also turned up in the reading Sagitarian did for me last week. And again, this morning.

My husband is currently in a lot of pain physically and emotionally. I am not in love with him, haven't been for many years but we have 2 children and I am the employed one (he's handicapped)...so we remain married.

Do you think my getting this Faery regularly is a slow death sign? Of our marriage? Or is she there to say something about his health?

I'm just having a hard time hearing these days...way too unhappy and stressed. If anyone has any thoughts, I'd like to hear them.

dolphinprincess

She who Watches -

My jaw dropped when I saw this thread - as I was coming in here to open my own on the same topic. She also turned up for me in Sagitarian's reading.. and I pulled her twice on my own this weekend.. ! (in fact, last night i pulled her and all the surrounding cards were the ones in Sagitarians' reading.. !!!!)

For different reasons, I hold some pain / grief in my heart... and I think this card often tells me I need to move through and past this - before I can truly move forward.

I also hold much regret on one issue.. and I think the Lady speaks to this as well - letting go.

I, too, would love to hear people's thoughts on her...

Imagemaker

I'm new to the Faery Oracle, did my first spreads this weekend.

And I drew the Lady card, too. My question was the one for a new deck:
1. what do you want to teach me?
2. what do I need to do?
3. what will our relationship be like?

For #2 I got the Lady of the Harvest. I took it to mean that I need to let go of . . . something. I wasn't sure if it was the various painful emotional attachments in my life or whether it was more card-related. Like letting go of my hard logic and being more intuitive with these cards.

She Who Watches, I send my concern and caring for your painful situation. I hope you can find a way out, a new hope, something that helps on a day-to-day basis.

May the angels of the Cosmos be with you.

sagitarian

Lady of the Harvest, although has many variant messages, usually I feel she speaks of reservations. It's similar to 5 of pentacles. A time of conflict within the physical realm, matters that really are troubling, conflicting material matters. Resources are short is what she usually tells me, but she also shows that there are many others around us that are either hurting as well, or they are there to cheer us up, help us out.

As far as advice from Lady of the Harvest, I think her advice is, "heads up, times are rough I know, but look at the riches in what is around you, in what you have, instead of focusing on what you don't have. Times are hard I know, but that's no reason to focus on only the hard times, focus on others, try to help if you can. Focus on the goals in the near future. Find ways to cheer yourself up without using your reserves". She's also a card of harvesting, which to me, represents mother earth. The great mother is loving and cold, neutral energy, she provides us with fruits, vegetables, and the things we need to create all that we do. Trace something back far enough, and you'll find it comes from the elements of earth.

Strange, once I finished that last sentence, I couldn't type anymore, not that I couldn't, but it was as if the message just stopped. smiles softly. I guess the Mother, The Lady of the Harvest has spoken what message is to come from me. I look forward to others replies, as she is a fascinating woman, and I would love to learn more about her my self. Where's Alissa and Jewel?

Calls for Alissa "Aliiiissssssaaaaa....are you here? where are you? Can you come over to the fae's and take a look at this, and offer what your Lady of the Harvest says? while you're at it, look for Dobro, and Lark, and all the others that hang out here as of late please? thanks!"

dolphinprincess

sagitarian said:
As far as advice from Lady of the Harvest, I think her advice is, "heads up, times are rough I know, but look at the riches in what is around you, in what you have, instead of focusing on what you don't have.

... I almost wrote this sentence verbatim in my journal this weekend..

13thFaeChylde

sagitarian said:
As far as advice from Lady of the Harvest, I think her advice is, "heads up, times are rough I know, but look at the riches in what is around you, in what you have, instead of focusing on what you don't have. Times are hard I know, but that's no reason to focus on only the hard times, focus on others, try to help if you can. Focus on the goals in the near future. Find ways to cheer yourself up without using your reserves".

Ya know, lately I have been attacked by the "have-nots"....seems like all my friends live in 3000+sq ft houses, with real furniture, and their kids are all well-dressed and have the current toys and accessories. And quite frankly, getting pissed that I have to be the one who either says "yes, you can have that" or "no, you can't" to my children....not to mention being tired from being the working parent for all these years....plus all the other duties.

But all the while knowing that I've never wanted that for me...I've always wanted to be different from that, never wanted to be a "mass consumer."

I really need to get in touch with my Earth faeries and energies.

Alissa

Someone call me?

What I find so different from my own take on this card is I have always emphasized the gifts of the harvest, the time of "plenty" can be had.

But, to appreciate this fully, you have to consider what you have reaped. What seeds have you sown to reap the harvest of your current life? What choices reaped sorrow? What choices harvested joy, abundant enough to last you when your reserves are low?

How can these insights help you to replenish your crop; can they teach you how to sow more of what you wish to harvest in the future?

The book speaks of this card as a time of loss, grief, completion and release. I find the grief aspect of this card the most puzzling to me ... it's never been a part of my interpretation (yet) but of course, it is a valid one to consider also.

dobro

The grief comes in sometimes because you're at the end of something you liked or something that was important to you - like summer, for example.

Harvest is the end of a cycle - the end of a growing time, the end of summer. And yeah, the card represents bounty and abundance for me too, but then there's the winter just ahead to think of as well. The card's autumnal, which is why it can mean a time of celebration or of grief.

But to return to the original question...

When you use an oracle, you always have to ask yourself if it's telling you about the external conditions of your life, or whether it's addressing internal issues. Or maybe both. She Who Watches, I don't know which it is in your case, but you sound ready for a change.

13thFaeChylde

Re: Someone call me?

Alissa said:
The book speaks of this card as a time of loss, grief, completion and release. I find the grief aspect of this card the most puzzling to me ... it's never been a part of my interpretation (yet) but of course, it is a valid one to consider also.

This is where I confuse myself! I love this card, I always have since I first got the deck. It spoke to me of Lammas time, and harvests, and reaping what you sow, etc.....all good stuff.

Then I read the book's description....and a while later I bought the Good Faeries/Bad Faeries book and she's in the Bad section! So maybe it's a sign to go with my own gut feeling...which I always second guess.

Alissa

Never second guess....

What your deck says to you is more important than any book, any thread, or any post.

Let your cards speak to you first, and listen to what They say.

Ignore the rest of us unless it's helpful to know along the way.