Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 16 - #16

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com :)

Sun Sign: ARIES
Degree: 16
Number: 16

Symbol: BRIGHTLY CLAD BROWNIES DANCE IN THE WARM DYING LIGHT.

MCsea

Dr Jones has the Keyword invigoration

SOLARFIRE has the Part of Body: Pons
(a knob on the brain stem relays sensory information between the cerebellum and cerebrum. Some theories posit that it has a role in dreaming)

Oh my son has this as a MAJOR symbol and is he a dancer or WHAT! he dreams and is carried away with music and beauty.. light bright magical!

opposite symbol a boat landing washed away so getting carried away??

Elven

Other related Symbols for Aries degree 16.

The Symbol before this one (Karmic Influence) is:
Aries 15: An indian woman weaving a blanket.

~~~~~~~

and the Symbol following it (Quest) is:
Aries 17: Two prim spinsters sitting together in silence.

~~~~~~~

The Symbol opposite this (opposing influence) is:
Libra 16 - After the storms of winter, a boat landing stands in need of reconstruction.

~~~~~~~

The 4 Symbols in tension with Aries 16 is:

Cancer degree 16:
A man studying a mandalal in front of him, with the help of a very ancient book.

Libra degree 16:
After the storms of winter, a boat landing stands in need of reconstruction.

Capricorn degree 16:
School grounds filled with boys and girls in gymnasium suits.

~~~~~~~

Symbols which are 60 degree apart from Aries 16 are:

Gemini degree 16: A woman activist on a platform, in an emotional speech, dramatizing her cause.

Leo degree 16:
Brilliant sunshine just after a storm.

Libra degree 16:
After the storms of winter, a boat landing stands in need of reconstruction.

Sagittarius degree 16:
Seagulls fly around a ship looking for food.

Aquarius degree 16:
A big-businessman at his desk.

~~~~~~~

The 5 Pointed Star - Symbols which are 72 degree apart from Aries 16 are:

Gemini degree 28:
Society granting bankruptcy to him, a man leaves the court with mixed feelings.

Virgo degree 10:
Two heads looking out beyond the shadows.

Scorpio degree 22:
Hunters protected by heavy clothing are shooting wild ducks.

Aquarius 4:
A hindu healer glows with a mystic healing power.

Elven

This Symbol was drawn at the beginning of this year for me, as well as some other 'nature spirit' symbols, and I have found that this year has been slightly draining and moving along at great speed. Time seems to just flit by and although this are enjoyable - nothing much seems to be getting done!

The Oracle gives me the impression that Brownies come to help us do our work, but can be mischeveous and just want to play and dance. but they are genuine and resourceful, and do the little things around the house that never seem to get done.

I must say I have suddenly taken to the entire house with the vacuum cleaner and finally bolted the shelving unit together that has been sitting in the sun room for 9 months! Ive tidied and arranged, sorted and sifted - so things are being organised - even if i wouldnt call them productive.

'Brownies dancing in the dying light' seems to say work first and play later when the chores have been completed - and they WILL get done.

Another aspect of this Symbol (relating it as a year Symbol) has been the amount of times I have taken myself off into the Mountains in the late afternoon - to walk and just 'connect' with my environment. My plan is that I get in the car and jest be 'led' to a place I havent been before to 'take some time out' and 'be with nature'. This has been the invigoration I have needed - so the Key Word for the Symbol has become relevant.

MCsea said:
Dr Jones has the Keyword invigoration.

I think that I need to look at the opposite symbol too, which is about 'a boat being washed up and needing reconstruction'! Possibly regular personal general maintenance here is a good idea.
The other element which stands out for me at the moment is - Im not fixing boats at the moment - which I was doing every weekend without fail!! Thats washed up for the time being and nothing is being reconstructed at the present. My poor boat is on her trailer in bits!
Maybe you give up one thing with this symbol to give time to another - yourself! :p

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Element Boulder Opal
Discussion: Opal means precious stone, it is a water rich silicon dioxide mineral, that occurs in many forms. Boulder Opal is similar to black opal, but has a natural backing of ironstone (due to its formation). All of the naturally brilliant colours of the rainbow, in all the patterns - floral, ribbon, harlequin, straw and rolling flash are found in this opal, often cut into free form, irregular shapes for jewellery and sometimes sculpture also. This emotional, free spirited, alive, dancing element, amplifies and mirrors feelings, decreases inhibitions and increases spontaneity. Iron is traditionally an Aries metal, and boulder opal is closely associated with ironstone. The flashes of colour and the spirit and energy within the element closely echo’s the freedom fun and colour in the sabian symbol.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 442

tink27

Ohh your symbol brings to mind wonderful memories purple_scorp, I'd like to share them with all of you

When my children were little, we were avid campers….after a busy day we'd tell stories around the campfire or before sleep in the tent. Some of our stories were centered around the nature spirits and how some of them lived underground and in dark places. We marveled at these things as the Sun set but when we awoke in the morning, the trees and their branches were covered in morning dew….so too were the blades of grass, the flowers and the meadows. Covered in thousands of silver prisms, I told my kids these were fairy houses, shining back in all their glory, the light of sun they had absorbed from the day before. In gratitude they were showering the world with wondrous liquid light. Even the fireflies were grateful, beaming their lights from sunset into the night.

From these stories came came another of two nature spirits named Jingles and Lollypop who lived near a solid rock formed in the shape of a chalice. Together with others of their kind, they built inside this chalice, a marvelous city of Magic. We all imagined and told these stories together...somtimes walking over one another.

From here we imagined a story of a magical stag named Shadrock who with the help of these nature spirits defended the Black Forest. Why even at one point they worked together to help Santa save Christmas!

As my children grew, they no longer saw through the eyes of a child, of the many imaginative realms and fantasies. But one day soon, they will begin their quest just like you and me, opening a door into another dimension, the spiritual realm to meet again Jingles and Lollypop!.

Each of us is constantly weaving a blanket of light, which is also aligned with the astral and planetary energies. It is in the sunset that many of us experience a breakthrough, an awakening where we are so in love with everything, we can for a time let go of everything and commune with and receive guidance from the higher realm and these teeny tiny globules of light….nature’s own magical spirits.

tink :love:

p.s. I did notice that spider web purple_scorp, which I think can trap us if through fun and play, we lose track of our goals.

mooncat2

:) Thanks for sharing that, tink........took me back to childhood and the games I wove around imaginary faeries.........a steady diet of Enid Blyton helped. I think I've carried it forward with my own children and now the grandchildren. I have a large rambling country garden and following the secret paths in search of faeries and dragons is a favourite game.

I love your image, purple_scorp........just to sit and look at it also brought back memories.

In the Dreamtime legends I've been reading the nature spirits are children.....or rather the seed of potential children. This brought to mind a time when I was studying numerology ............numbers have corresponding colours ...........and we had to imagine ourselves as coming into this lifetime as a field and the seeds that were sown there were in the colours of our numbers. A rainbow DNA.

The Brownies are helpers........they come to assist us. Like little creative seeds which if collected, sown and nurtured will one day flower. They like to creep in quietly when we're not looking and surprise us which makes me think that perhaps there is a message here about not working too hard. Not focusing or concentrating too much when looking for inspiration or ideas.........trying to force the Brownies out into the open. The best insights do seem to come at unexpected moments.........they just pop into your head. Gardening or walking in nature are two examples that I find wonderful for connecting to intuitive thought.

For each of us our Brownies will appear in different shapes and colours........our purpose is to express what cannot be seen ........give form to the shape and colour in our own individual way.

Letting your true colours shine which isn't always easy and can make one feel very nervous and vulnerable..........a large dose of Aries courage and self belief needed.

:love:

Attachments

• SC - Brownies.JPG
    SC - Brownies.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 387

purple_scorp

Hey Carol,

I love your image too. Look at those dancing figures on your wall. Amazing! They are almost leaping out.

For some reason, I have this urge to take your image into my graphics program and turn that woman's naked body into a Cello. It's pressing on some inner creativity juices and I'm sitting here thinking, hmm, wonder what I would look like naked from the back. Must ask someone to take a photo of me so I can see.......not sharing it here though!!!!

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

Ohhhh mooncat2!! Your picture is wow! She is so in touch with the beauty of life, of her own physical body and of its spiritual essence. She's open and ready to explore the hidden side of our existence.

Ohh it's getting late, I'll share more with all of your in the morning.

This is just wonderful.............ohhh it's great!! I hope I get some sleep!!!

tink :love: