Umbrae

stefficus

fair enough; questionable fashion circumstances in which you have found yeself? i'd pay to see the kilt, too, especially if an accent comes with it. don't worry about that blasted cat. she'll show up when you're not looking, or maybe when you're trying to figure up precisely which direction she's traveling.

i am flattered and humbled to have confused you. i love being an enigma. i think. heh. an odd hit, huh? perhaps my next short story will be about my life as a bong...

i went to look at the peterson deck and thought, "pretty, but kinda haindl-like so wait the ace of cups is nicOOOOHHHhhhh the HIEEEEEROphaaant OMGLOOK there's a FLAME SUIT I MUST HAS IT."

the rohrig seems like a good mixed drink. at first, it's interesting but not compelling and then i got a good look at the hermit and it hit me from behind. hm.

hmmmm.

i dunno. i think the reason it would take me a while to "get" it is because i'm skittish about thoth-ish decks even though i have a haindl and my tarot-guru friend is a hard-core thoth gal. and i have no idea what you mean about me already being there, but... yes, i think i may have to look into buying the MP deck with an eye to getting the rohrig too (german version, yes; if there's nudity, bring it on why doncha) and just dancing around it until i'm ready.

danke!

Baroli

Umbrae said:
Whoa – although I’m not going to argue the depraved comment, however I really have to take issue with ‘questionable fashion sense’. Tis not my fault that I seem to have lost my trousers, nobody has found them, and then somebody once said they had been run up a flagpole; me-self, I wanted a kilt (hunter Anderson or some such), but oh no that’d no do, I was shamelessly stuffed into a tutu quite against my own will, so I could at least continue my searching for the cat that seems to have gotten lose, that my buddy Schrödinger entrusted me with. And as I said, it’s not a lawn, it’s just green stuff that grows, and I never wear nylons (unless I’m riding English – and I’d never be caught dead riding western).

:D:D <chuckles> the vision of Umbrae going up a flagpole to retreive a tattered pair of trousers that have been waving in the breeze for some time in a kilt,.......being stuffed in a tutu is a better better sight. Look for Schrodinger's cat in yesterday's news that talks about tomorrow's bright future,....today.

Skimo

I know, i know, I should only come back on samain night...

but may I ask you which decks you would recommend for my mother? and my best friend?

Knitted trousers don't look really good, I am not sure it would be the best solution to replace the ones you've lost, but I can still offer you one pair ;o)

sunflowr

I'm confused. How does Umbrae pick a deck for you? I'd love to know which one he would pick for me, but he didnt reply. Is this a secret club?? ;)

Baroli

No, he probably just missed your post. Just hang in,... he will find you.

:D

morticia monroe

If it's Scrodinger's cat, isn't it sort of still there with you?

Far as the lawn trimming goes, you could always get a goat. :) I need to mow today as well and I do not relish it. It was already in the 90's at 8am.

Nice tutu.

Umbrae

sunflowr said:
I'm confused. How does Umbrae pick a deck for you? I'd love to know which one he would pick for me, but he didnt reply. Is this a secret club?? ;)

Oh wow, I’m so sorry…I missed your request! With all the pages and all the requests and how long has this been going on? Well time does fly when its all in fun!

How do I pick a deck. Excellent question. There are actually a couple aspects to it. One is, it’s kinda like a reading. I read the request and often, a deck image jumps into my head. Kinda like the little ding of the small bell above the shop door. Bluntly, I’m a little dingy.

The second aspect is that I actually hack into your computer, browse your hard drive, find the cookies for Amazon, take a gander at your buying habits, I also sometimes will check your credit score.

The third aspect is when I actually astral travel to the victim’s house and peruse their bookshelf to see what decks they actually have. Sometimes they keep their decks hidden, in the dark in some small cramped drawer and I really hate that when that happens. Or when they keep their decks between the mattresses – not good. So keep your decks exposed.

Then I enter all my findings and see what comes out.

Take you. First thing outta my brain was Caselli. But the fact is, your collection rocks. There’s not much I could suggest.

But from a readers aspect…I’d love to see you spend some time with a regular ol’ ‘ornary deck o’ 52 cards.

Aerin

Umbrae said:
The second aspect is that I actually hack into your computer, browse your hard drive, find the cookies for Amazon, take a gander at your buying habits, I also sometimes will check your credit score.

The third aspect is when I actually astral travel to the victim’s house and peruse their bookshelf to see what decks they actually have. Sometimes they keep their decks hidden, in the dark in some small cramped drawer and I really hate that when that happens. Or when they keep their decks between the mattresses – not good. So keep your decks exposed.

Then I enter all my findings and see what comes out.

That would be a good trick.

I suspect that within my collection I already have all I need but not all I want...........

But my amazon buying habits are quite scary. My decks however are mostly exposed, at least in see-through boxes.

Aerin

ps my buying is mostly based on 'ding'. Some of my 'ding's are more reliable than others. Perhaps I need to tune in more. And even use my existing decks to help!

Neely75

Umbrae said:
Ohhh and if you see Neely75, tell her to keep her eyes open on The Tarot Garden website…I hear tell that that Dan guy has done an interview with Robert Place, and with a bit of luck it could even show up on the site next week! I do remember him ranting on about the Grey Wolf, so he might include something.

Thank You for letting me know, Umbrae. Will keep my eyes open for it. And thanks to that Dan guy for the interview! ;)

RubyV

I've enjoyed reading this thread for a while now and I want in.

I want to know what the Mouthpiece recommends for me.

I shiver with with antici...pation.