The De-Enabling Thread

Diana

Lee said:
Party pooper! :p

-- Lee

God I know! That Diana should not be allowed to post on certain forums. Solandia should make special rules for her. She should only be allowed to post in the... in the... in the.... Conference Administration Forum where she can't get in anyway. And every two days, if she has been good, she could post in the Technical Forum.

I suggest we start up a petition and send it to Solandia.

janstar17

The blind are leading the blind.

Stop celebrating your addiction. It is actually not funny.

Some of the decks you people buy only vaguely resemble Tarot.

Is this de-enabling enough? [/B]

Hey! You're really good at this...I'm de-enabled for sure! I may have to get a list together for the Tarot Trading forum!! But what would I trade for if not tarot decks??????

Diana

janstar17 said:
Hey! You're really good at this...I'm de-enabled for sure! I may have to get a list together for the Tarot Trading forum!! But what would I trade for if not tarot decks??????

No need to trade them. Sell them to the blind. The ones with MasterCards. (Osho must be laughing his head off, dear old man.)

Of course, there is a danger then that you will be accused of being a drug-dealer (sorry, I meant Tarot dealer).

So you could burn them!!!! That should be cleansing and the Tarot gods will smile at you.

mercenary30

Tarot Crusades.....

Diana is waging the tarot crusades!!! Removal of all heretical tarot packs from the world, leaving only the one true tarot!!!!

And we all know which type of deck that would be...... ;)

Good thing I am on the otherside of the world, it will take her a long time to get to me!!

Eco74

Diana said:

So you could burn them!!!!

Burn the witches! Burn the heretics! Burn the infid... Emmm... noooooo... I mean....

Burn the CARDS! Yup That's what I said all along. *nods energetically*

Actually, let me take care of that for you.
I'll set up a place where the decks can rest and for a time they'll be up for finding new homes with the up-til-then tarot-less and if they can not find a new home within say a 2-month period I'll use them for "firefood" (it'll be getting cold up here about that time anyway)... ;)

tmgrl2

Isn't anyone going to de-enable my desire for the Thompson-Leng?

Come'on, Diana...you can handle that one (or do you secretly like it too?)})

terri

Diana

tmgrl2 said:
Isn't anyone going to de-enable my desire for the Thompson-Leng?

Come'on, Diana...you can handle that one (or do you secretly like it too?)})

terri

Nope, I can't handle that one terri. Sheesh!!! I'm not a god!!! Just a party pooper!

littlehermit

Enlighten me, because I am no tarologist: is there something special about a Thompson-Leng that can't be gotten from a RWS or a Hadar? Apart from the age?

Why does age matter anyway? what they're tapping into is timeless, regardless of how shiny-new or yellowing-old the cards may be.

Kahlie

Diana said:
Well, it may help if all you addicts realise that most of your addiction just goes to fill up the pockets of the distributors.

And that a large majority of the Tarot decks you people are falling your heads over to buy will leave you cold in a few months.

And that you will be just falling over yourselves to buy another one.

Don't you realise that you're just addicted? You remind me sometimes of a heroin addict who keeps on having to stick that needle into his vein to survive.

Anyway, most Tarot decks out there are just copies of other decks. The designers have never really given much thought as to why a 4 of Wands has this meaning, or why a 7 of Cups has that meaning. They vaguely copy most often a Rider Waite deck without having any understanding as to why the pictures are depicted as such.

The blind are leading the blind.

Stop celebrating your addiction. It is actually not funny.

Some of the decks you people buy only vaguely resemble Tarot.

Is this de-enabling enough?

Ah, but Diana, that doesn't count for me... at least most of it doesn't. All my Decks that I have (wow! 3, bought 2) I still love. Even though I'm giving one away to someone I love more dearly then the Deck ;)

So far, my wishlist is non-existent, and I saw hunderds of deck. I'm the nitpicky type I guess.

Now that Osho Zen Tarot is ordered and coming my way, there is nothing I want. Indeed, shocking. Nothing. I'd have 3 Decks, and I'm content. I guess I'm not much of a Tarot Deck Addict.

Although, yes, sinec I'm giving away that one Deck, I wouldn't mind buying a replacement for me, but I'm expecting it to take a year.

Diana, you would probably try to make me buy a deck! Because I don't own a Marseilles! :D

WolfSpirit

Doesn't count for me either, because my decks are not proper tarot, they are actually more like oracles.
Nothing wrong with buying oracles, as everyone knows :p