The Sun Reversed As Feelings?

Enlightenment23

Looking through Aeclectic archives, it's interesting that no one has asked about the Sun Rx for feelings. But there's a first time for everything.

I did a spread on a guy I've been on a date with recently and the Sun Rx popped up as his feelings for me. I pulled a clarifier and I got the 7 of Wands Rx. Now I get two interpretations from these cards. First, perhaps there's something too unbearable about me (like hot sun rays) that he feels the need to back down and step away (7 of Wands Rx).

Or it could be the complete opposite, his feelings for me are becoming more and more overcast and cloudy (less interested) and that's why he's backing down (7 of Wands Rx).

What's say you?

rwcarter

As I believe the clarifiers restate the message of the original card and therefore one should look to what the two cards have in common, the first term that came to my mind was "eclipsed". A Rx Sun isn't as powerful or bright as an upright Sun. Rx, the figure in the 7W could also be said to be made less important (eclipsed) by not being able to hold off the other 6 wands.

So I think he has good feelings for you, they've just been eclipsed by other things in his life.

Rodney

Enlightenment23

As I believe the clarifiers restate the message of the original card and therefore one should look to what the two cards have in common, the first term that came to my mind was "eclipsed". A Rx Sun isn't as powerful or bright as an upright Sun. Rx, the figure in the 7W could also be said to be made less important (eclipsed) by not being able to hold off the other 6 wands.

So I think he has good feelings for you, they've just been eclipsed by other things in his life.

Rodney

I think that's a brilliant (no pun intended) interpretation Rodney. I use the same method with clarifiers -- finding the commonalities between the two cards. I couldn't spot it originally, but I see it now; they're both being overshadowed/outshined by something or someone. You're right, it's possible that something else has transcended his "feelings" for me. Not really sure what that is at this point in time, but maybe it will come to light one day.

Thanks.