A green and white Sardonyx?

Calayvie

I was drawn to this crystal, I really like green crystals in seems [emoji4] .

f17971ea94916d5822ff59f3feda01b7.jpg

I didn't know much about Sardonyx at all so when I got it home and looked it up, in Judy Halls Crystal Bible, green and white wasn't even a colour variant listed for it!

So does anyone have any experience and knowledge about this crystal that you could share? [emoji4]

Is this a new found variant or is it treated somehow?

058095104a56c4fdb1bb45bc4aef416e.jpg

Thanks!
I hope the photos worked and are OK, I was having a bit of trouble.

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

EmpyreanKnight

Did you just get this only recently? Because all I knew about sardonyx (sans Google) is that it is a birthstone for the month of August, so it is very timely.

First time I saw your pics, it reminded me of moss agate. But yeah, green sardonyx is definitely a thing. Your stone looks lovely and serene though. :)

Calayvie

Did you just get this only recently? Because all I knew about sardonyx (sans Google) is that it is a birthstone for the month of August, so it is very timely.

First time I saw your pics, it reminded me of moss agate. But yeah, green sardonyx is definitely a thing. Your stone looks lovely and serene though. :)

EmpryeanKnight,
That's interesting that's its a birthstone for August!
I actually bought it maybe 2-3 weeks ago. I've just gotten around to investigating it properly now, so maybe that is significant.[emoji4]

I think the green parts look like lichen, a LOT like how lichen grows, creeping over the white part. Its really cool.

Moss agate has been on my "hope for" list for a while now [emoji4]

Thanks for your reply.

Padma

It's tree agate. I have some just like it. :)

Calayvie

It's tree agate. I have some just like it. :)
What!?!? [emoji15]

So why the sardonyx label? And the link saying its sardonyx?

ETA that's really interesting though, the pics I've seen of other coloured sardonyx don't have that 'lichen' look to them.
Please share what you know [emoji4]

Google images. Tree agate is quite beautiful some looks like mine but mainly its more spindly green, like web or vines.
Crystal Bible Judy hall dendritic agate (aka tree agate?!) is amber coloured with dark brownish spindly tree/leaf branches within it. Nothing like my crystal.
Google images, dendritic agate, its clear or white with definite spindly tree/leaf branchy bits, very beautiful in fact.
So it seems tree agate has branched from dendritic agate, and my crystal is either a poor quality tree agate (not spindly green but chunky green bits) or its branching off into its own label yet again.
But this is merely my brief look at it and I'd love some genuine information about it [emoji4]