Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

Bluefeet

A LWB accompanying the decks? That makes the deal even sweeter. :love:

Anxiously awaiting the Tabula Mundi cards and booklet with anticipation!

Babalon Jones

Well, in an 11 hour marathon, today I had the day off and finished the LWB. I think I started it Monday, and spent hours on it every day since. Probably about a 30-35 hour job for 22 trumps. I am surprised once again at how long it took to format it and then write a page on each card. The pages are large though, at least by LWB standards, 28 pages at 4x 5.5 inches. I guess since I am not a wordy person it is particularly a struggle for me. I have trouble articulating what is in my head. But I think you will enjoy reading it as I managed to put in at least one of the stories, archetypes and/or myths I was thinking about for each card. Some of which while perfectly fitting are quite unique; I think you will at least be surprised by a few that are not the same old same old. Thank god for the odd and cryptic notes I took around the time of each card, haha. Some if which I couldn't even read or understand.

Since I drink while I write, tomorrow I need to proof read :) then print and bind. Then finish the web cart and all the the deck signing and packaging. It is going to be a busy weekend trying to do all that, plus a family birthday, but I also hope to can tomato sauce and go to a garlic festival. Maybe I am crazy to think it is all possible, but I live in hope and think that somehow it will all work out. I am sort of like a dog in that way.

Alta

Seriously MM, this effort verges on the heroic. Besides the stunning artwork.

daphne

You have such an energy! Admirable!

Babalon Jones

I really am in awe of people who can write whole big massively researched books. It makes me appreciate what it must take.

Well, don't expect a riveting novel here, as I am not much of a writer. Someday though I hope to dig in and do a real full size book on these, but one that would be epic with everything included. Maybe when the minors are done...it may be too ambitious though, at least how I envision it.

But for now, this is something to say a little bit about each Major. Funny, in such a small format I could only fit so much, even using a very small font. With some cards, it was easy, as I knew just what I wanted to say and it was just right. For some I had too much I wanted to say to fit and had to be selective and leave out lots, and for a few words were more elusive and filling even the small space took effort. I wonder what that is all about!

Zephyros

Look at Frieda Harris's gallery notes for the Thoth. In a small space with few words she manages to say so much. It is only because of her that the Thoth lwb is elevated above drabness. Use the notes as an example.

Babalon Jones

I too really enjoyed reading her notes as I remember they are very good though I have not looked recently. But too late, I already wrote and printed the book. I didn't even think to look at the LWBs of decks I have for inspiration. oh well, what you get is all me. I should have channelled her though, haha.

Now I am getting all artsy making fancy paper covers at least for the early ones, just because I like that.

Still wish I had thought of looking at her book for inspiration though. Doh! Would have helped I bet. Hope what I wrote is good considering how fast I had to do it :)

Babalon Jones

If you want to see some pictures of the (not-so-little-or-so-white) books I made today for the deck sets, there are a couple of examples up. These are the deluxe ones, most of which are one or two of a kind, with covers made of super lux papers and tissue end papers and fancy spines and stuff like that. It's likely these will only be for the first group of buyers, just for the launch on Monday since they are very handmade.

I know it is the words inside that count, and I hope you will like those, too! But I had fun making the fancy versions. I very much like making things by hand, even if it is not practical.

http://www.tabulamundi.com/little-books-for-the-decks/

Bluefeet

Stunning! The covers are made of Yuzen Washi rice papers, am I right? :D

Babalon Jones

They could be, but I've lost track of where I got what paper. I can't pass up a nice paper, and have collected it for years. Some of it was just small scraps.

And more news:
Want to win something truly unique?
Here are details about a "Kether is in Malkuth" contest:

http://www.tabulamundi.com/kether-is-in-malkuth-contest/

Good luck!