new relationships and doing synastry/composite charts

star-lover

do you do this?

first thing i do with a potential new relationship i go do all the synastry etc...

if i dont see many bad aspects (whatever they are lol) i think this could be good

buti m thinking to ditch the whole thing and just get on with it without the astrology

i think its all relative and whatever youi can put up with and need - i have just started a friendship with someoine and the synastry kind of warns me off him - moon square uranus moon square pluto but then again other side is moon trine pluto sun trine pluto moon trine venus- psyche conjunct ascendant...his eros conjunct my sun........vertex conjunct venus..moon trine venus and all the rest of the crap...sun opposite neptune.....moon sun exact aspects but not traditional ones ie semi square quincunx etc.....why dont we just get on with it instead of having synastry as a crutch...im giving it a go cos i feel like it - and even if he is a heavy taurus and not my style...he actually turns outto be just right...explain that!!!!

ya know what? fed up of planets lol
having said all that i will go with the tradition and say saturn aspects are important !

GoddessArtemis

I do this, and it gives me lots of useful information, much of which I don't listen to, if my mind is set on the person. Then when I feel the burn of a bad pairing, I wonder what in the world went wrong. :D

I never understood the Saturn aspect. What is it that we're supposed to look at (I'm sure there's a thread in here somewhere about it)...

I have a Saturn in Gemini in my 8th house. My ex has a Saturn in Leo in the 7th house (retro). Did that just say something about us? :p I think it has to aspect other planets..but which ones? I'm willing to learn, if someone points me in the right direction--slowly. Don't throw degrees at me..numbers scare me! :D

GA

dadsnook2000

A suggestion or two

May I offer a suggestion or two?

The "Planet Series" threads include one which addresses Saturn. There is another thread on Saturn and Uranus and the subject of individuality and moving thru adulthood towards middle age. The processes of life start early. Saturn is a "timing" mechanism that points to lessons that need to be learned at various points in ones life.

The other suggestion I might make is to obtain from beginner's Astrology books the keywords for the planets, signs and houses. You then need to practice putting them together in a sentance. It sounds hokey, but it is a good way to start understanding what you are looking at. An astrologer needs to learn self-discipline -- you identify the basic points, you summarize the basic points, you then assemble all of the basic points into a whole picture.

Dave

isthmus nekoi

I don't really use astrology to tell whether I'm compatible w/someone and whether a relationship feels fruitful or not. But it is fun to see how the planets reflect aspects and dynamics of a relationship.

Sometimes it is nice just to have a natal chart handy. For example, double Virgo is sleeping over unexpectedly? Offer a toothbrush. Taurus sun + Cancer moon... lull in the conversation? Talk about food! etc.

star-lover

isthmus nekoi said:
. But it is fun to see how the planets reflect aspects and dynamics of a relationship.

exactly,, and the same inter-aspect between 2 charts can be so different with say another couple with the same aspect - there are too many variables and things to consider to be limited

the most complex area of astrology in my mind -synastry/composite charts - so complex but interesting

as already said you can always find something potentially wonderful or terrible lol if you play around with it enough!

we also forget the x factor which is transcedant of the charts/relationship

having said all that i think you can get avery good general idea about alot - depends how much you want to analyse (and if you analyse it right and synthesize it all well)

theres a site called cafeastrology which has quite a good section on how to go about all this and ascoring system as well for all the individual parts which you add up - the higher the score the better the relationship and has a lot of warning hotspots to look out for which could potentially cause unhappiness/trouble in the long term

thanks all x