What Cards Have You Had For Certain Events?

dancingufo

I've got Knight of pentacles few times when my pay day. And I've got it when I got a job too. It was reversed one though, I got a job.

When I got 2 of cups reversed as my daily card, I always spent whole day alone.

chainsmoker

A really nice thread!

So here are few of mine I've seen happening:

Ace of Pentacles - for my friend who got the job she applied for

Chariot - getting a lift

Empress - twice about a woman getting her period... Also for dealing with health problems in general, dunno why

9 of pentacles - I get this card always when I'm about to receive something precious and valuable. For example, I get it every time I'm receiving a new deck of cards :D

Justice - always tells me I have to be responsible for my actions. I got this card for my attitude recently when I apologized to someone.

Ace of cups - for a friend who got married...

The Sun - you finally get some clarity. You know what it's all about. I have got it many times for situations and always thought - oh, it's such a great outcome! No, it was just truth, honesty and clarity. No more shades and doubts about what's what.

10 of Swords, Queen of Pentacles, the World - cards I have got when a friend asked me how her dates will turn out. None of these dates ever happened.

Judgement - phone call

6 of Wands - someone out of my reach, on a pedestal, with so many people around them. I keep getting it as my own thoughts about someone and yeah, it is just like that. Too many people and things between us. I'm just someone in the crowd.

Marsy

2 of wands juggling communication between 2 people

3 of cups marriage proposal

Quest85

The Emperor/King of Pentacles and 3 of pentacles (R)/3 of cups (R) : company going out of business.

8 of wands (mostly accompanied with a second travel card) for job transfers.
8 of wands reversed would indicate an unexpected event to occur, either benificial or not so favourable... but you would not see it coming.

Pentacles 7 : For a pending question/action ..for example: before an upcoming important debat/ conversation or situation.

6 of Swords happends to meet The Chariot in a lot in my readings, where I find 6 of swords often as a presage of The Chariot. Therefore I feel 6 of swords is most likely to be a positive omen for being on the right path for your future.

EmpyreanKnight

The Ace of Cups for me previously means a reset in a previously unhealthy or antagonistic relationship with someone else like a neighbor, colleague, etc. It certainly heralds change.

Pique Dame

On the mundane level, I pull the 5 of Swords a lot as getting what you came for. I went shopping for a dress for a formal event next weekend and found one that was exactly what I was looking for, although a little more than I was looking to spend, but I was happy with my choice. I pulled the 5 of Swords while I was in the fitting room trying to decide if I should buy it or keep looking for something cheaper that I might not like as much. In the end, I bought it and walked out of the store like the guy in the foreground with all the swords. It was a very "I got mine!" sort of moment.

Enlightenment23

I love this thread so much, I thought I'd contribute more to it. So here are some that I've had these past few months.

Page of Pentacles: A guy that I met that was too touchy-feely.

Chariot: A man that I met whose romantic approach was too forward and too overpowering - he seemed determined to "win his prize" without really considering how I would feel about feeling mowed down.

Queen of Pentacles Rx: I've been a complete glutton lately, stuffing my face with pizza and being too much of a homebody, and my deck didn't hold back in telling me this! :laugh:

Knight of Cups Rx: A man that I met that was seemingly sweet at first, but then he tells me that he has a girlfriend and would like me to be his "side woman." No, I'm not kidding.

6 of Cups: Losing interest in a movie because I've seen it like 8 times already. It's too "familiar," and so it got boring.

7 of Pentacles A company taking forever to finish its recruiting process because the holidays are slowing them down.

Ace of Swords Feeling justified and fair in cutting off a not-so-great person out of my life.

The Devil Me being bound to a task that took forever complete and took all my time. It had to be done, but there's nothing I would have rather wanted than to be relieved of this task, but I was chained to it.

geoxena

I am quite amazed that so many of you actually remember which cards you pulled near this or that event in your life. When I do a reading for myself, I let the message sink in and then move on. I don't remember what cards I pulled for more than a couple days afterward, if that. I generally feel like it's a new day, new me, live in the moment, etc., and I don't look back at readings.

Or did a bunch of you keep some sort of tarot diary and refer to that to post in this thread? I just find it mind-boggling that you remember your cards!

Marsy

I always get the 6 of Cups when I'm going to run into an ex.

Justice Feeling remorseful and apologizing.

Pique Dame

I am quite amazed that so many of you actually remember which cards you pulled near this or that event in your life. When I do a reading for myself, I let the message sink in and then move on. I don't remember what cards I pulled for more than a couple days afterward, if that. I generally feel like it's a new day, new me, live in the moment, etc., and I don't look back at readings.

Or did a bunch of you keep some sort of tarot diary and refer to that to post in this thread? I just find it mind-boggling that you remember your cards!
I keep a notebook in the same drawer as my cards to document my readings. Even the most seemingly inconsequential readings can be extremely useful down the road. I can't tell you how many times I didn't write down a reading because it didn't seem important then later regretted it.

So my cards gave me a good laugh this morning. I have plans with my guy tonight to see his friend's band play at a bar, so I asked what all we would end up doing and pulled the most hilarious play-by-play ever:

5 of Pents (heading out into the bitterly cold temperatures)
Temperance Rx (drinking not-so-responsibly)
Ace of Wands (Seriously, cards, could you be more literal?)

Yup, sounds about right. :)