Nisaba's Timing Method

nisaba

That depends entirely on how you draw cards. I just peel one from the top.

tarotchipmunk

It works!

Just wanted to thank Nisaba for sharing her method- it really does work! This is how I've used it and it seems to work for me:
1) do the reading
2) re-shuffle all the cards (including the ones used for the reading), formulate the question pertaining to the timing, and draw the card!

FYI I use the same deck I do for the reading and it has worked well so far.

geneticsgirl

Playing cards are also excellent - far better than Tarot decks you actually like or have used for readings - but be careful about Court Cards: the Jack is 11, the Queen is 12 and the King is 13. The only problem is that if the timing REALLY is completely dependent on your completing other important stuff first: say, for example - you're never going to meet the love of your life or land the perfect job until after you front Court on all our traffic offences or even that old rape charge and get that dealt with, then a deck of playing cards won't be able to tell you that, but a Tarot deck will, by presenting you with - say - the "Justice" card.

In short, playing cards do timing well, but not as well as single-purpose unillustrated Tarot decks that are only used for timings.

I really like this idea of timing buy I haven't tried it yet. I was thinking that maybe a playing card deck with the Joker included might help with the lack of Major Arcana. So if the Joker comes up you could then do another reading seeing what the important stuff you need to do is?

I'm also toying with the idea of finding my D&D dice and rolling for days/weeks/months/years and then a number. But that's unrelated to your method.

Mystical13

worth a try :)

Thanks Nisba, I finally sat down and did a few timing questions using this. Lets see what happens. Although - it seems pretty useful and relevant. For the two important questions - i actually pulled two appropriate majors. The other two questions were about time - 9 days and 14 weeks (lets see ;) )

I used my Mystic Meg tarot deck, my first ever but being an elemental deck - i never could figure it out. With respect to using this deck for timing - the first time around it gave me relatively weird answers but then I asked for its permission and we seem to be getting along since.

Thanks for sharing and wish you a happy 2016 !

nisaba

<smile> Thank you.

DDwarks

Bumping this !

Thank you Nisaba :thumbsup:

Barleywine

My general way of doing it is according to the elemental "humours:"

Choleric/Fire/Wands is fast ("days" or sooner).
Sanguine/Air/Swords is a bit slower ("days-to-weeks").
Phlegmatic/Water/Cups is slower still ("weeks-to-months").
Melancholic/Earth/Pentacles is slowest ("months-to-years").

Which way the scale tips depends on the nature of the question. "Years" would be unreasonable for something that would take, at most, a month or two (unless the answer is really "never").

Lihirgayan

Timing

Have you considered designating a card to indicate "never"? In those instances where it is impossible that an event will occur, that no realistic effort can be made to reach a goal or fulfill a desire, shouldn't there be some way for the Tarot to convey that something asked about will never take place in the querent's present lifetime?

For example, if one were to ask "When will I meet my twin flame?" the answer for most human beings should be "never". According to http://www.soulevolution.org/twinflames/twinflames.htm , "Twin Flame reunions are the most fulfilling relationships we can enter into as humans, on all levels. However, twin flame couples have been extremely rare on the planet..."

Has anyone considered using The Fool as the "never" card (since The Fool card is number 0 in the deck)?

nisaba

Have you considered designating a card to indicate "never"? In those instances where it is impossible that an event will occur, that no realistic effort can be made to reach a goal or fulfill a desire, shouldn't there be some way for the Tarot to convey that something asked about will never take place in the querent's present lifetime?

Have you looked t what I say about the Major Arcana? Sometimes the issues these represent are deal-breakers, resulting in practice in a "never" answer.

Lihirgayan

Timing

Have you looked t what I say about the Major Arcana? Sometimes the issues these represent are deal-breakers, resulting in practice in a "never" answer.

OK, I misunderstood your comments about the Major Arcana to mean that the Majors suggest obstacles needing to be overcome or challenges tackled before the event in question may transpire, but that the event IS still able to come about.