Empress & Eight of Pentacles as Outcome

Balisle

Empress & Eight of Pentacles as Insights of a Decision

Hello everyone, new member in town :D
I've read the guidelines on posting here, hopefully I'll do it right!

So I've done a reading about the insights between 2 choices. 2 cards for opt #1 and another 2 cards for opt #2. The aforementioned choices were: 1) Let go & move on 2) Keep fighting this uphill battle as in chasing the person that I'm interested in.

I want to discuss the cards that came out for Opt #2 which was Empress and Eight of Pentacles.

My take on those cards are:
1) since Empress signify nurturing, what I got from this was our relationship will be nurtured. What seemingly is an uphill battle will become a relationship that will nurture each other and will finally reach mastery / success (because of the Eight of Pentacles)

OR

2) what Empress meant was that she is going to nurture me to be a better person. And Eight of Pentacles say I will achieve that by working hard on trying to make this relationship work. In this case the cards isn't about the relationship outcome, but what will I learn & become.

Obviously I'm very much a beginner in Tarot - I would like to discuss and listen to your takes and maybe experiences about the cards! :)

ps. please tell me if my post break any guidelines here.

Thirteen

A real investment....

Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot Balisle, and congratulations on your first post. You did a stellar job! Bravo! One insight into both the Empress & 8/Pentacles is that they're both "earth" elements, and this means grounded in reality, slow and careful. They're both cards about creation as well. The Empress is the ultimate "mom" card and you can think of her as the sort who hovers over her brood, making sure each one is clean, fed, happy, etc. Her job is to take them from that most tender and vulnerable stage, like a plant just sprouting, to where they're big enough to leave the nest (if you'll excuse the mixed metaphors).

She can be creative about this, but she is still going to need to be vigilant, careful and patient. And willing to adapt as the baby becomes a toddler and then a rambunctious youngster. The 8/Pents is similar in being vigilant, careful and patient. This is a person who, by hand, is trying to make sure that each piece created looks alike, has all the details, and similar quality. Unlike the Empress, however, there is less creativity or adaptability required. This is the repetitive part of the "mothering" job like bathing, feeding, etc.

Taken together, I'd say insights into chasing this person are that you're going to have to "baby" the relationship to maturity. You'll have to be patient and willing to deal with repetition (same routine warming the bottle to feed the baby), be willing to adapt your care and nurturing as the relationship grows through terrible two's and tantrums, and make sure the quality of the relationship doesn't suffer.nIf I were doing a reading for you...I'd ask if you think this person is really worth all this trouble. Because it seems like you're going to be doing a lot of work to form and create this relationship. And it's not going to happen overnight either. You're going to need to really invest in this and be very patient.

Balisle

Taken together, I'd say insights into chasing this person are that you're going to have to "baby" the relationship to maturity. You'll have to be patient and willing to deal with repetition (same routine warming the bottle to feed the baby), be willing to adapt your care and nurturing as the relationship grows through terrible two's and tantrums, and make sure the quality of the relationship doesn't suffer.nIf I were doing a reading for you...I'd ask if you think this person is really worth all this trouble. Because it seems like you're going to be doing a lot of work to form and create this relationship. And it's not going to happen overnight either. You're going to need to really invest in this and be very patient.

Thank you for the warm welcome and reply Thirteen! To be honest I was ecstatic when I saw the notification that you replied to my thread! I was a lurker in this forum and always a fan of your incredible insights :)

Regarding your post, I'm actually still in the middle of weighting my options. I read that I can't post the complete reading, so I'm just gonna say that both options said that it'll turn out to be "good" for me.

She's actually a crush from high school, we almost had a thing going on but due to my immaturity at that time and studying abroad, I messed up and hurt her. Long story short, finished my study and got to meet her again recently. The reason why it's uphill battle is because of that, she really has her guards up.

In the end I think what the cards are telling me are that I can learn and be a mature person if I work /baby our relationship. But yeah like you said, I'm still in predicament whether it's worth it or not.

I'm sorrry if that was a long answer, never really been in a forum before so I don't really know what I'm doing right now lol

MysticMoonlight

I would look at it as the mentioned relationship can eventually develop to be positive and nurturing..it can/may flourish and be prosperous and abundant in passion, love, caring, compassion, etc. but it's going to take working at it diligently to achieve this goal. It may take awhile but with patience, dedication, hard work, and a determined focused effort, things will likely work out quite well as long as you work at it with care. Patience seems to be the key here.

Good luck and best of wishes to you!

Thirteen

Regarding your post, I'm actually still in the middle of weighting my options. I read that I can't post the complete reading, so I'm just gonna say that both options said that it'll turn out to be "good" for me.
Please don't fret about not being able to list all the cards or even what you got as the other option. The whole point of this forum is that it is sometimes easier to interpret certain cards on their own. Without the rest distracting us from the heart of the matter. It's also important for you to understand is that this outcome isn't "good" so much as it's a fact. If you go for this person, you will become a combo of Empress and craftsman of 8/Pentacles. Meaning you will take this relationship on like a mother takes on a child, or a craftsman an important commission. You wil focus on it to the exclusion of everything else, and you will be patient, delicate, careful and slow in your steps.

This does not mean, however, that you'll succeed and everything will come out rainbows and roses. These cards don't promise that your child will turn out the way you hope, or that you won't make a mistake. Only that you have what it takes to be this nurturing craftsman, to be attentive and devoted and give it your best effort. And that you might enjoy this role if you commit to it. If a project is what you're after, a relationship that you can work at for a long, slow time and watch it develop and be proud of what you get...then this is a "good" outcome. If that is not what you're after...then maybe this isn't so good an outcome.

Balisle

I would look at it as the mentioned relationship can eventually develop to be positive and nurturing..it can/may flourish and be prosperous and abundant in passion, love, caring, compassion, etc. but it's going to take working at it diligently to achieve this goal. It may take awhile but with patience, dedication, hard work, and a determined focused effort, things will likely work out quite well as long as you work at it with care. Patience seems to be the key here.

Good luck and best of wishes to you!

That's a nice way to look at it! I hope it'll really turn out that way :)
Thank you MysticMoonlight!

Please don't fret about not being able to list all the cards or even what you got as the other option. The whole point of this forum is that it is sometimes easier to interpret certain cards on their own. Without the rest distracting us from the heart of the matter. It's also important for you to understand is that this outcome isn't "good" so much as it's a fact. If you go for this person, you will become a combo of Empress and craftsman of 8/Pentacles. Meaning you will take this relationship on like a mother takes on a child, or a craftsman an important commission. You wil focus on it to the exclusion of everything else, and you will be patient, delicate, careful and slow in your steps.

This does not mean, however, that you'll succeed and everything will come out rainbows and roses. These cards don't promise that your child will turn out the way you hope, or that you won't make a mistake. Only that you have what it takes to be this nurturing craftsman, to be attentive and devoted and give it your best effort. And that you might enjoy this role if you commit to it. If a project is what you're after, a relationship that you can work at for a long, slow time and watch it develop and be proud of what you get...then this is a "good" outcome. If that is not what you're after...then maybe this isn't so good an outcome.

I see. I think that I have come to understand the cards better. I'm gonna contemplate on the cards and hopefully will make a good decision.
Thank you for your insights Thirteen!