Steampunk Tarot

Tarot Fairy

I got mine today and loveeeeeeeee it!! The Star and Ten of Wands are definitely my favorite cards!

heron

the OTHER steampunk deck

Am I right in thinking there is at least one other Steampunk deck - apart from the Barbara Moore one (which I have on preorder from Amazon)?,

I remember doing a web search & finding something collage-y by someone called Curly Cue. I remember that the sample card I saw was a bit off-putting in a way I can't easily define, but on the other hand, the Moore cards I've seen online are VERY SLIGHTLY disappointing in their resemblance to the Dark Angels deck.

cardlady22

There's actually a 3rd being done by the Matthews.

cardlady22

Sent you a PM so we won't be off topic.

Le Fanu

Am I right in thinking there is at least one other Steampunk deck - apart from the Barbara Moore one (which I have on preorder from Amazon)?,

I remember doing a web search & finding something collage-y by someone called Curly Cue. I remember that the sample card I saw was a bit off-putting in a way I can't easily define, but on the other hand, the Moore cards I've seen online are VERY SLIGHTLY disappointing in their resemblance to the Dark Angels deck.
It was this one. This was the first one, in various incarnations/different backs and finishes.

Oh please, tell me this Llewellyn one (which I recently ordered) isn't like the Dark Angels! :(

Essjay

It was this one. This was the first one, in various incarnations/different backs and finishes.

Oh please, tell me this Llewellyn one (which I recently ordered) isn't like the Dark Angels! :(

It's not like the Dark Angels :) I had that deck briefly and it was very emo - very beautiful too but too emo for me. As I said before I'm very biased but this is a solid deck. Steampunk has far less gloomth that goth!

Le Fanu

Ok. Feel slightly reassured now. My order is still processing. And then even once it's completed, BD packages now seem to come via Timbuktu and take a good 10 days for me.

I've sussed out what they do. Depending on which country you're in, they come from different places. It'll be a while till I get mine and I've rather curious now, after deliberating for so long!

dana2012

I got mine today. The deck is simply stunning! The colors are bold, and there's no haunted feeling about them at all, even if pictures mostly depicting scenes at night. The cards are SO full of energy and action! There's certainly a lot of drama in every card. Now I feel a bit sad - the journey is over, no more unexpected... The only "but" is about the cards' stock - it's very thin indeed. As for the rest - I could feel how much efforts and creativeness both authors put in this deck. Great work, just the best...

Asbestos Mango

Well, I just got mine, and I love it.

It does have kind of an old look to it. I'd never heard the term "steampunk" before Amazon recommended this deck to me (a pox on Amazon, always recommending stuff to me based on previous purchases), but I looked it up and this deck gives me a feel for what it means, I think.

Beautiful deck, love the backs.

The cardstock is a bit thin, though, but I have lots of decks with thin cardstock.