Wisdom of the Oracle Divination Cards: Colette Baron-Reid

HighPriestess

I have been really tempted by this deck. It has such dreamy imagery.

Ambrosia

Do you think this deck would be appropriate for a teenage girl's (15) first deck? I'm considering giving this as a gift to my niece.

I know that it depends on the personality, maturity, interests, etc. of the girl. She seems mature for her age (although at 15 I realize "seems" is the key word). She's very intelligent, sensitive, and creative. She is a dancer, she loves to sing, draw and paint. She also loves nature, going fishing, and practicing shooting guns. 😀

Any feedback is welcome and appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Personally, I think this deck would be a lovely option for a 15 year old girl. However tastes are personal so it's hard to say difinitively.

DaughterOfDanu

I decided to go ahead and get a copy. The price isn't too bad. Should be here tomorrow. I'm trying my best not to look at too many images because the Enchanted Map was gorgeous and I can't wait to be wowed when I see this deck in person.

The Happy Squirrel

Hi, I have the deck and I counted roughly 15 characters that I would consider fairy. It is a 52 card deck, so you'd be removing almost a third of it if your intention is to take out all fairy cards. I hope that helps.

I have the deck and have done a review on YouTube. I think it's a wonderful deck, and the messages I've been receiving are so sharp and on point that it has really been helping me a lot in my life at the moment. If the artwork appeals to you at all, I would highly recommend this deck. :)

I heard a lot about her first deck. Checked it out. Don't like the artwork.

So I went back to this deck. There are so many images that I like here and so many I can't bear to even look they are that irritating to me. I look through YouTube and found someone who flipped through the whole deck (thanks Ethony!) and counted that of the 15 fairies, I can live with a few of them, leaving about 7-8 to remove.

So I thought what they hey. I have some credits I need to use on Amazon anyway.......

Aivli

Thanks!

Personally, I think this deck would be a lovely option for a 15 year old girl. However tastes are personal so it's hard to say difinitively.

Thank you Ambrosia! I appreciate your feedback. 😀

DaughterOfDanu

I got my copy today after a long and tiring day. I was happy to have something more positive to focus on. Overall as an oracle I like them. They're lovely and the cards are pretty diverse so it would be helpful in many different types of readings.

But I don't know if I like them as much as the Enchanted Map. I suppose I like the scenery in the Enchanted Map versus the focus on one person, item, or creature that these cards have. But I am hopeful that the more I work with them that they'll grow on me.

I also am curious if there's any significance to the banners that are across almost every card top like in "Clean It Up" ... To me they're detracting and being exactly the same makes the fact the artwork is photomanipulated hard to ignore. I've always enjoyed decks that were, but unless there's a reason for the banners it just looks like uncreative filler. The artist could have easily placed something else there, so I'm hoping it's there for a reason. I've looked through the booklet and didn't see anything about them if it is there.

The Happy Squirrel

I got my copy today after a long and tiring day. I was happy to have something more positive to focus on. Overall as an oracle I like them. They're lovely and the cards are pretty diverse so it would be helpful in many different types of readings.

But I don't know if I like them as much as the Enchanted Map. I suppose I like the scenery in the Enchanted Map versus the focus on one person, item, or creature that these cards have. But I am hopeful that the more I work with them that they'll grow on me.

I also am curious if there's any significance to the banners that are across almost every card top like in "Clean It Up" ... To me they're detracting and being exactly the same makes the fact the artwork is photomanipulated hard to ignore. I've always enjoyed decks that were, but unless there's a reason for the banners it just looks like uncreative filler. The artist could have easily placed something else there, so I'm hoping it's there for a reason. I've looked through the booklet and didn't see anything about them if it is there.

I don't have this deck in my hands at the moment. But I wonder if you line up all the banners across the top there, from one card to another, would you get a long connected scene? That would be so nifty.

The Happy Squirrel

I don't think you will regret it, Happy Squirrel. Her first deck was the best, imo...

Well. I ended up getting it :D Will just remove the fairies :D

The Happy Squirrel

I have all of her decks so far, but I won't be getting this one. I have overdosed on Colette. :p

I preferred her earlier decks, like Wisdom of Avalon, that had less (to me) aloof self-righteousness. Kind of disappointed and fed up...

:neutral:

I can no longer aspire to her lofty spiritual heights, being merely a human being.

And she is starting to remind me of Doreen Virtue.

I am going to ditch the handbook and just focus on the cards (after removing the fairies - sadly I can't remove the faces!)

The Happy Squirrel

Well my copy arrived last week and I am in love. I don't see much fae in the deck at all and I'm in no way into fairies - in fact I gave my DV Healing With The Fairies oracle deck away for that very reason.

I don't have any of Colette's other decks, but after having seen many images and reviews of them, this is the one that speaks to me.

The one that popped into my mind immediately is the "Happy Happy", "Breath", "Why" (I can't quite see this one clearly since I do not have the deck - YET :D ), "Serendipity" (although I am OK with this one not sure why, unless that is not a fairy that I am seeing? Again, don't have the deck so can't see clearly). That's just what I can remember from the top of my head.

Here is a complete flip through by Ethony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDkUgoZy1QQ