Belline

MissChiff

Can anyone tell me how to read with the Beilline oracle? What I mean is...do you read it like a Lenormand or the Tarot or what....and does anyone know of a book in English? Thank you for your time.....

decan

In English I don’t know.

There are many similarities between the Belline Oracle and the Piatnik Lenormand. For example in both decks there is a card representing a key (in the Belline its name is "Destiny"), another representing a dog (the head of a dog, its name is "thought-friendship"), or a card representing a little house beside a nice tree (its name is "countryside-health"). It’s easy to understand.
What is very special in the Belline Oracle is its graphic design, inimitable.

As I mentioned it, each card has a name. If in the US the English version isn’t available, I don’t know, I think it is important to translate these names (with an online dictionary).
There are as well 7 suits in the Oracle. One is the Sun suit, another the Moon suit, and so on (for the 7 classical planets): for example the card "misfortune" (representing an old and poor woman walking with a crutch, is a card from the Saturn suit).

In France it’s probably the deck the most used, as much as the Marseille Tarot deck, and maybe more. It is very popular, the Lenormand, not very much here.

decan

Thanks Padma!
Yes, concerning the meanings of the cards and the spreads, this will help MissChiff I think.
I just notice that this deck is a modern version, whereas the Belline Oracle has an inimitable graphic design, very suggestive.

Below a picture of my deck.
On the first row I pulled the cards which I just spoke.
On the second row, other cards at random. The blue card on the right is special, we can use it in a reading (its meanning is so to be benefic in whatever field), or we can use it to close one's deck, and so we place it on its top.

150923063939731630.jpg

Padma

Thanks for the pic, Decan, I never knew what the old deck looked like...interesting cards! I like the one of the bat in the lower left corner (at least I think it is a bat...? :laugh:)

I have the Tarot D'Eltynne one, it is kind of anime-style, but I do like it. Haven't used it in a while - I should dig it out :)

decan

Yes it is a bat :)

Aunty Anthea

Never heard of Belline but LOVE Tarot d'Eltynne

There is a Belline version called the Tarot d'Eltynne, and on that website, they have the meanings in English for each card. Just click on the card for the meaning.

http://mandefield.free.fr/eltynne_en/diaporama_eltynne/index.htm

and they also give spreads/methods:

http://mandefield.free.fr/eltynne_en/eltynne_tirages.html

hope this helps!

Thank you people for introducing something I had not heard of before :)
I am learning so much on this forum, everyone is so helpful :heart:

Padma

Thank you people for introducing something I had not heard of before :)
I am learning so much on this forum, everyone is so helpful :heart:

No problem! I bought my deck straight from Medlindaf on that website, she is very nice to deal with :)

decan

The third link looks particularly interesting.
Unfortunately with automatic translators online very often the translations are very bad but it could be as well a solution when people don't understand french.