Tarot of Prague - General Comments

TemperanceAngel

OK I am up everyone and will get on to my card as soon as possible!!!

TheLovers2

Are we still drawing a card a week?

Hi:

Sorry, I've not been on the boards in a while. I have no idea what's happening with the draws. Who's up? Is the card a week still happening?

TL2 :TLOVE

baba-prague

TheLovers2 said:
Hi:

Sorry, I've not been on the boards in a while. I have no idea what's happening with the draws. Who's up? Is the card a week still happening?

I'm glad you asked that. I'm a bit lost too - but then I've had some kind of flu this week (it's all over Prague) so that's made me more than a bit vague! I'm happy to do a draw if it's my turn, but I'm not sure if it is.

Jewel-ry

I have no idea what happened. I am not sure if we got out of turn or not. I shall pm TA and see what she has to say.

:)

Gardener

Hi all,

I miss the weekly draw! Maybe THIS WEEK could be the week to get it back on track? I think TA got a little distracted somewhere in there, and if we decide to jump ahead to the next person, that would indeed put baba prague on the spot. Hi Karen! Of course, she's posted recently to both Hierophant and Sun. But, BUT, here is my challenge to her! Instead of telling us about how the card was made (and yes, I do love hearing about that), tell us something about what it means to you now, how you react when it comes up in a reading, or something along those lines. By the way, contrascarpe and I did a joint reading last night for an old friend of his, and used Prague of course, and it was a great, great reading. I think I'll go write about it under Six of Swords...

Sssssooooo, baba prague, whaddya say?

Helvetica and Ruby7 would be next, if they're still interested. If not, we're back to the beginning:

me
Jewel-ry
TheLovers2
maks

I will now PM Helvetica and Ruby7 to see who will be up next week!

Jewel-ry

I'm still in. I have posted to a few cards over the last few weeks but would much rather do it with someone else so you just tell me what to do and I'll be there.

:)

TheLovers2

Getting us back on track for Card a Week Draw

Gardener said:
Sssssooooo, baba prague, whaddya say?

Helvetica and Ruby7 would be next, if they're still interested. If not, we're back to the beginning:

me
Jewel-ry
TheLovers2
maks

I will now PM Helvetica and Ruby7 to see who will be up next week!

Yes, Gardener, to me that sounds fine. I'll be checking to see what order we're in, etc. I did have some things happening that took me away from the boards, but, when I'd check in I was pretty confused.

I think we need to set a for sure place to indicate that this or that is the card pulled by xyz person. Before we were doing that right here in General Comments - so this is where I'll check if we want to continue that way.

Thanks, Gardener for helping to get us organized. :)

baba-prague

I'll do it with pleasure. Usually I feel it's most interesting to say something about the background of the card, but I'm very happy to talk about what it means to me - it's good to have an opportunity to do that, but bear in mind that some cards I tend to read very far from RWS in my own readings (although it does depend a lot on the context).

BUT - I have flu - everyone here has it, end of the winter and all that. Please can I wait until the weekend when I may be a bit livelier?

Sophie

I've been travelling, but I'm back home next week - definitely interested!
I would rather pull next week if it's OK everyone, because I am travelling again the following week.

Gardener

Hello all,

Yes, Jewel-ry, Bean Feasa and baba-prague and annik are already highly virtuous for posting on so many cards without prompting from the rest of us, kudos, kudos. I always enjoy reading those posts, thank you! But to get us all moving at sort of the same time (is this like asking to be lemmings all headed for the same pretty cliff dive?), this communal card-a-week idea is nifty. I agree with TheLovers2 that this thread is The Place To Go to figure out when a weekly draw has in fact occurred. I'll even go one step further and suggest that if we get lost again, anyone can just charge ahead and post here something like: "Hey guys, I started one! Jump on in, the water's fine!"

But for right now we have:

This week(end): baba-prague (flu permitting)
Next week: Helvetica
Following week: me or Ruby7

Let's see how far that takes us, eh?

PS I for one am eager to see how far afield of Rider Waite tradition baba-prague is willing to go. I have a feeling I'll be inspired to join her...