Hanged Man, feelings for someone

balenciaga

Yeah but there is a definite "giving up to letting go" aspect to the Hanged Man - there is sacrifice here, not just hanging.

bast

I got that card as well but in the advice position about a relationship. In my case i think it means sick back do nothing and let things unfold.

SunChariot

BLFO said:
Does this mean that a person's feelings for you are suspended as in they can not make up their mind or they are putting their feelings on hold to concentrate on other areas in their life. Or does it mean that they are letting go as in to surrender to the experiences of feeling the way that they do about you. For example, perhaps they denied that they liked you and tried to fight the feeling, but they have begun to accept the fact that they do have feelings for you after all.

So is it suspended feelings or feelings of surrender?

I'd say that he is unsure how he feels. And it reserving judgment until he has time to pull back, see things objectively, think things out and decide just what it is he does feel. In short, to me this could say he has no idea what he feels for sure and needs some time alone to sort things out and decide.

Babs

Glass Owl

Thirteen said:
I agree with Saint. The person has sacrificed themselves to the experience, but at the moment, they are suspended--that is, they' are experiencing those feelings, but are unable to act on them.

It's an odd place to be. Like falling in love for the first time and just standing there staring, thinking "Oh...this is what it's all about!" The person is giving into their feelings--those being the whatever feelings they originally resisted or the opposite of what they originally thought they felt--but they're so overwhelmed and new to these feelings, so amazed by these feelings, that they can't expressing them. Until the "download" is complete (so to speak), they won't know how to express them.
I have so enjoyed reading more about the Hanged Man and how it relates to relationships. In one of my recent reading The Hanged Man appeared in the "how the relationship will evolve" position.

Would you say that the "unable to act" on one's feelings (in terms of the Hanged Man) is due to internal issues or because of external ones?

Vadella

For the most part no action will be happening but if you were to read reversals or intuitively you could get a different answer. That the person does finally understand of which they've been searching and can take action on what they have come to know.

xx
Vad