What Oracle Deck Are You Using?

Satori

So over in Tarot Decks they have a thread about which Tarot are you currently focusing on, and I wanted to see what Oracles are being used regularly.

I would have to say that my Tao Oracle is perhaps my most used Oracle. I find that the voice of the Tao Oracle is a gentle and loving voice, but stern when needed, and unafraid of unveiling Truth.

What I do notice with the Tao Oracle is that it tends to sort of take a step or two back in time when looking at an issue for a querent, and then works forward into the present moment and what paths can be taken. The Tao Oracle is about options I think; letting people know how they got where they are and what the options are for moving on, for healing.

I discovered this about the Tao Oracle when I was doing a reading for my husband. He asked about an issue that involved me, and we were astonished to see that the response was several cards in the making, and indeed, went back in time to a situation that had happened for us, then moved forward from there.

The reading was truly transformative for me, because not only did a question about our lives unfold before our eyes, but I as a reader was given specific instructions for how to use the deck. Beautiful.

moderndayruth

Satori, is it this oracle?
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tao-oracle/index.shtml#cards

The visual approach to Yi Jing, created by Ma Deva Padma ( who created Osho Zen as well)! I didn't know of this oracle and i've been hunting for ages for the right one related to/based on the Book of Changes! Yay!
I love Ma Deva Padma's artwork and...
i am sort of getting lazy to use the book itself - i mean, i love reading it randomly, but to consult it - it takes too much time...
Well, at least now i know what i want ;)
Myself, when consulting an oracle, I most often go for Frouds Faeries - they are magical ;)

Chronata

hmmmm.tough question...

I go through cycles.

Sometimes, it's the deck that is sitting closest to where I am sitting when I want a reading.

I would have to say, right now...Wisdom of Avalon.

It's got lot's in common with other favorite oracles (namely the Madame Endora and the Celestial Wisdom), and I am finding it very easy to fall into.

faunabay

hmmmm.....
Oracles seem to be what I'm going for lately - my tarot decks have been sitting on the shelf for awhile. :)

The oracles I'm using the most right now would be Graven Images and Animal Messages.

Although I have pulled out the Wisdom of Avalon and Oracle of the Grail Code lately too.

Graven Images is my favorite though!!! I really like that one ALOT!! That's definitely a long term keeper for me!! :*

thorhammer

Although I've recently got the Wisdom of Avalon in an exchange :)* Mooncat2) and do use it and like it, I just cannot go past the

Froud's Faeries

The sheer power and precision of this deck obliterates everything in its path, including every Tarot deck I own. I don't think any other Oracle will ever take its place.

\m/ Kat

Satori

I love the Faeries Oracle as well. It is just...incomparable.

I remember last year I think it was, I was reading at a charity event. It was being sponsored by a Spiritualist church, so the room was chock full of readers. You wouldn't believe the variety of decks and systems being used. A woman behind me was using The Gilded, Shell Oracle was there doing shell readings, I was there, a contingent of Virtue readers were there with angel decks and way over in the corner was a woman doing Faeries Oracle readings. I was ecstatic!

She read for me, and man, was it ever a great reading. And she did the spread where you weave together the cards, the spread taught in the book. Awesome

Disa

I don't use oracles much. Froud's Faerie's will just always be my favorite. I've got the Well Worn Path and the Hidden Path and I'm really hoping to use them more this year as I try to learn more about these practices and traditions.

BodhiSeed

I'm just starting to use "Way of the Horse":
http://janetboyer.com/Way_of_the_Horse.html
(Scroll to the bottom for scans)

This is a heavy set - so heavy that it could be used as a lethal weapon! The book that comes with it is a thickish hardback, and loaded with stories and information on the cards. It is a book that you get more out of if you actually read through the stories - don't look for just a few simple keywords here.
The cards are gorgeous, and have a linen feel to them, much like the Magic Realist Press ones. This set was definitely a labor of love.
When the set came in, I quickly pulled one card for a reading. We have just lost two family members in the space of a week, one expected and one very unexpected. The card I drew showed a horse on a sand dune, apart from the rest of the herd. It talked about aging, and the challenges and gifts that come along with it. I can't tell you how spot on it was with the way I was feeling.
I can't recommend this set enough. I'm not what you would call a horse lover, but I do love animals. This set is worth every cent I paid for it!

Bodhran

Asher

I also don't use oracles much...

though I own a fair number of them. When I do use them, it's usually in conjunction with a Tarot reading.

However, my newest acquisition is one that I can use by itself and get excellent results with...it's the Victorian Flower Oracle.

Asher

Satori

bodhran said:
I'm just starting to use "Way of the Horse":
http://janetboyer.com/Way_of_the_Horse.html
(Scroll to the bottom for scans)

This is a heavy set - so heavy that it could be used as a lethal weapon! The book that comes with it is a thickish hardback, and loaded with stories and information on the cards. It is a book that you get more out of if you actually read through the stories - don't look for just a few simple keywords here.
The cards are gorgeous, and have a linen feel to them, much like the Magic Realist Press ones. This set was definitely a labor of love.
When the set came in, I quickly pulled one card for a reading. We have just lost two family members in the space of a week, one expected and one very unexpected. The card I drew showed a horse on a sand dune, apart from the rest of the herd. It talked about aging, and the challenges and gifts that come along with it. I can't tell you how spot on it was with the way I was feeling.
I can't recommend this set enough. I'm not what you would call a horse lover, but I do love animals. This set is worth every cent I paid for it!

Bodhran

I must have this set!
I first saw it in my therapist's office! She is a horse owner and she does some special work with people and their horses. I think she shows people how to overcome different blockages they have when riding or how take them to the next level in their relationships with horses. She is a very cool person.

But yes, I looked through some of the cards and I love them. They have a mystical quality to the pictures, otherworldly.

Interestingly, I find myself using Oracles more lately than my Tarot decks. Not sure why, but I reach for the Tao or the Faeries more than anything. Oh and I have a set by Toni Carmine Salerno, two decks, that I trimmed, and sorted out certain cards that I love the most and I use them in tandem quite often. They are the Universal Love and Healing Oracles, and I use them together for angel readings.

I decided a while back that I would only use decks that had a higher vibration. So I actually traded or gave away several decks, especially the Vampire decks and went through the rest one by one to see which felt the best.

The Faeries Oracle is one that is definitely high level I have found. Many people say it is a dark deck, and I think they don't understand the energy they tap into when they use it. I find it to be a Muladhara deck, root chakra, Earth energy. I find it valuable for working with people who really need healing in the Muladhara area. Obviously it has associations with all of the chakras, but I find it really resonates at the root.