Dog as "copycat"?

Aster Breo

Have you ever seen the Dog card come up as a copycat?

I was practicing spreads using the stories described in the true-crime TV show, Forensic Files. The Dog card was the only one in the spread that didn't make sense -- until they revealed that murderer was a copycat of an earlier murderer who had gotten a lot of press many years before.

When they described him as "trying to stay true to the crimes committed by his inspiration" (or something like that), it occurred to me that it could be an interpretation of the Dog. Not a loyal *friend*, but someone who is loyal to the other person's "legacy", so to speak.

Has anyone seen that interpretation before?

DownUnderNZer

More likely with DOG, someone that is already known, even if just met once. :)

So, if he was a suspect or known years ago for anything criminal or that case or similar, then the DOG would make sense.

Aster Breo

More likely with DOG, someone that is already known, even if just met once. :)

So, if he was a suspect or known years ago for anything criminal or that case or similar, then the DOG would make sense.

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you mean.

In this case, the murderer the show was about was copying crimes that had been committed 25 or so years earlier by someone else. The copycat had never met the first murderer, as far as the police know.

DownUnderNZer

But did the police know the copycat killer for something previously committed either as a suspect or the culprit?

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you mean.

In this case, the murderer the show was about was copying crimes that had been committed 25 or so years earlier by someone else. The copycat had never met the first murderer, as far as the police know.

1Eleven

What was around the Dog?

Aster Breo

The full spread was House + Coffin + Lily + Dog + Tower

Padma

And what was your question exactly, Aster Breo? :) It would help us figure out the cards if we knew!

Aster Breo

I don't remember exactly how I phrased it. My husband was watching Forensic Files for a while, and at the beginning of each new story, I shuffled while they set up the plot, then asked the cards whatever the relevant question was -- usually something like "who killed so-and-so in this Forensic Files episode?".

For that particular one, if I recall correctly, they didn't focus on a specific victim because that episode was about a serial killer in New York City, who called himself "Zodiac". So, I probably asked "who was the Zodiac killer in NYC in the 90s?"

DownUnderNZer

Not sure what your question was for the tv show, but....

"Profiling the killer"

Likely to be someone that is territorial and knows the area, so I would think his killings were close to home or in nearby suburbs and/or bordering areas.

Substance addiction and/or behavioral problems like bi polar/depression/mood swings. Very negative or a heavy outlook. Dark side to him killer or not.

Life experiences would have contributed to him becoming a murderer and likely he would have researched and familiarized himself with ways to kill. Practiced this as well beforehand is a strong possibility I'd say.

May have, to fool his victims (depends how he got them of course), come across as friendly and approachable. In his everyday life may have put on this kind of mask and to some would have appeared a good type.

Violent, aggressive, brutal, and very cruel when he killed. For some, it may have been quick, but they would have suffered.

The full spread was House + Coffin + Lily + Dog + Tower

Aster Breo

"Profiling the killer"

Interesting profile!

I don't remember much about the show now, so I can't tell you how accurate it is. I do remember that he shot victims in the back with homemade guns, and they never saw him. And that he was caught in his own house because of an incident with his sister and her boyfriend (who were having sex) -- I think that was in the cards as House + Coffin + Lily. (House might also have been a reference to the Zodiac houses that figured prominently in his MO.)

How did Dog figure into your profile? Just wondering, since that's the one that was throwing me.