What type of person is this....

214red

Hi Folks

I will be starting the study group again next week, in the meantime its a chance to have more fun.

I have a chart of someone i know, who is not famous (so cannot be googled), have a look and see what you can tell me about them, they are male, late 30s.I have asked for permission to share his chart.

-What is their romantic life like, why?
-what work are they likely to do, why?
-how do you think they relate to others

these are just some of the questions you might want to answer.

Nik

214red

Duh would help if i attached the chart....

Attachments

• test2.gif
    test2.gif
    40.1 KB · Views: 208

le.jour.obscurcit

214red said:
Duh would help if i attached the chart....

I can't see the chart very well. Perhaps copy the image/gif link from astro.com and use it to upload it to photobucket or another image hosting site that will NOT shrink the image's size. kthnxbye

214red

sadly i cant do that at work as i cant access photobucket or anything of that nature, also its a gif file from astro.com so you should be able to zoom in, there are size restrictions on AT so you have to compress the file

214red

hi Kibeth, problem is with ATs uploading file size, so the chart is compressed, hence why i am suggesting people save it as a file and then open it and zoom in

ncefafn

I don't suppose you could give us the date, time and place of birth so we could calculate it ourselves, could you?

214red

Kibeth has said the same thing via PM and is going to upload a bigger chart, i dont want to post it here as although its unlikely i dont want someone who knows him to see it, he wouldnt like that.

sorry i was a bit short in the other message, having a hectic day today.

dadsnook2000

Just a narrow view on part of the chart

This is an interesting chart. My eye was immediately taken to the Ascending Sun-Neptune-Mercury conjunction in Sag., with the Ascendant in Scorpio. I was writing elsewhere today that there is a big difference between a planet (or in this case, planets) in the first house and a planet(s) on the Ascendant.

What is on the Ascendant is who we are, what we think, our attitudes, actions, decisions. What is in the first house, on the other hand, is what we experience, our environment, the nature of what we find about us.

In this chart we find three planets in the first house and the Ascendant is quite removed and in another sign. This seems, for me, to enhance the concept of what's on the Ascendant versus what's in the first house. I think, that if I were to look at the whole chart, that this distinction would be quite important.

Neptune in the middle of the Sun and Mercury suggests a possible dichotomy: We might have great immagination here, an ability to enjoy and create fantasy, to be self-inspiring --- all of this being more in the style of life that we revel in rather than being quite so direct in driving these attributes through our personality and efforts. Perhaps we might say this statement reflects more of a participatory environment rather than an initiative nature.

On the other hand, this person may gravitate to those circumstance where writers and creative people work, where deception and likely-to-fail dreams are building up and falling down, where decision (overt, unintentional, or entertaining) occurs.

Perhaps a bit of both side of these meanings. Yet, we can look at this as separate from the Ascendant in Scorpio. The environment is active and imaginative, but the person views life from a more personal and private place, trying to assess (perhaps) the circumstances that surrounds them from a private place where one seeks to understand the motivations of others.

The Ascendant is "empty" of planets but does form a nice semi-square to Jupiter in Capricorn/2nd house. If we use the "phase angle" system of looking at planets/points, we see that Jupiter is in the 2nd of 8 phases, also known as the phase of struggling to find one's own sense of expression that is different from the family's or cultural expression that one grew up within. So, we might say that Jupiter is one's sense of social enlargement, of the ability to see and solicit opportunity. Here, the inner, hesitant and private Scorpio personality is struggling to adapt and participate within the style of imagination and creation that surrounds them.

We have here a butterfly seeking to emerge from one world into another. if only the rules of life were a little clearer instead of being so freewheeling and spontaneous.

Since the natal chart is "potential", this theme will need to play out over time and its "time of emergence" will be determined by others, by circumstances and by other cycles that come together. That is another area to explore.

Now, all of this needs to be incorporated within the whole chart, and these few words will not tell the whole story. I'll leave it to others to explore this chart and its other aspects as well as to comment on my views. But, it was hard to resist taking a look at this first house grouping and the small, critical disquiet of that Scorpio Ascendant.

So, now I've shared a bit of the process that someone who has spent too much of their life in astrology finds themselves in sometimes. We tend to dwell on little things that catch our eye. We think, we have trained ourselves to think, differently. We see life though a glass slightly tinted. I hope this has helped those who find themselves earlier in their journey. Dave