Solar Eclipse, 12/14

Kalin

AquarianGoddess (16 Dec, 2001 11:44):
Hi Kalin,

I've been called an "Orb Slob" more than once. I use large orbs and like it that way. Orbs are really a very personal choice and any number you choose is the right number.

How have you used, or what have you noticed with you Pluto/Venus contact?

AG

Well, it's an 11th house (transiting Pluto) opposite 5th house (natal Venus/Jupiter) aspect, so I did have some group/individual issues crop up when Pluto crossed over into the 11th, but can't say I learned anything that I didn't already know about this subject, at least not yet...LOL. As for the contact with Venus, I'd say I've reached some clarity regarding what I value in life (Venus). Goals, that sort of thing.

Thanks for sharing your view on orbs. I think the same, especially after noticing the effect of the Summer Solstice eclipse at 0 Cancer as it squared an acquaintance's sun within 3 degrees. Most astrologers would say that's too wide an orb for an eclipse, but this person seemed to be experiencing definite ego issues (meaning ego as self-perception/natal sun influence, which we all have, rather than the *ego is always always bad bad bad* definition). The challenges seemed to involve career status/stature and were quite pronounced, which I attributed to the square. I guess there could have been other transits but this went on for a number of months afterward, and my understanding of an eclipse is that its effects can be felt for up to six months.

Kalin :)