Representative

xstandx

As a user of the eclectic deck, which features many astrological symbols, I've been trying to find out a way to definitively select a card that is a direct representation of people in my life.. I've started at the court.. any thoughts?

Minderwiz

I'm not sure this is in the right forum, though that depends on exactly what you're looking for, so I'll leave it where it is for the moment and if you feel it would be more likely to get an appropriate response elsewhere, then I'll happily move it.

From an Astrology point of view, all the planets can be used to represent a person. The traditional representations would be:

Father: Sun or Saturn

Mother: Moon

Wife: Venus

Husband: Sun or Jupiter

Sister: Venus

Brother: Mars or Mercury

There are planetary significators of people according to their physical characteristics, older people could be Saturn, as could dark or grey people. Redheaded people are Mars, etc.

You can even do the same for careers and professions. Thus for example lawyers are signified by Jupiter, anyone employed in the communications and media is Mercury. Performing Arts are Venus, Military and Police are Mars

Whilst the modern tendency is to see people as 'Sun Signs', the main reason for this is that Sun signs are highly predictable according to time of year of birth. The other planetary positions almost always require an ephemeris, or list of planetary positions on any particular day.

Reasonably predictable by time of year are Ascendant signs, and for most of Astrology's history, the Ascendant has been the prime sign associated with a person. However to know this, you have to know the time and place of birth as well as the date. If you do know those, then you could either use the sign itself or the ruling planet of that sign.

From a Tarot point of view, the court cards are a good place to start. The association of suits with the elements can vary according to the deck designer. In your case you would look to court cards which have an appropriate Astrological symbol of a planet that signifies the type of person you are looking for.

If you can be more specific, then I can tailor the answer more to your needs. If the theme of your question is primarily Tarot, then I'll move to an appropriate forum.