A first stab at astrological analysis

Minderwiz

Alright so here's the thing, I had no idea that the actual time you were born had such an enormous impact on even a basic reading. I didn't actually know what time of day I was born and it's taken me the better part of two days to track that information down.

Now I feel bad about this since you guys already put all this work into the chart analysis. Hopefully, I can salvage this by showing that I at least learned something.

I was able to track down through family that I was actually born at about 11:30 PM which could put my rising sign as either Aquarius or Capricorn and reading the descriptions for both I identify about infinitely more with Aquarius so I'm going with that one as my rising sign.

Yes, Aquarius began to rise moments before 11:29 p.m. So 'about 11:30' could encompass both Rising signs. It would be relatively easy to decide which is the most likely by looking at events in your life relating to the topics and find out which fits best to past events. That's a rather lengthy process of chatting and trying out alternatives, so I don't think we have space here. However it is something which is possible. It doesn't guarantee your actual time of birth, all it does is find which rising sign works best for predictions.

Aquarius is, according to google, ruled by Saturn which is also in Aquarius or by Uranus (Which one is it best to go with?). According to a quick google Aquarius as a first house makes you a rather unconventional thinker, and Saturn in Aquarius makes you a more scientifically minded and analytical thinker.

I always stick to the traditional rulers, putting Saturn in charge of Aquarius. Uranus is too quirky to be scientific or employ the scientific method. There's little if any rationale for modern rulerships so if you're going to use rulers, stick to the traditional ones, which do,at least, have a rationale.

My second house is Pisces which is apparently a poor sign for my finances, luckily my husband manages the finances. This is really true for me, I'm rather bad with money.

Go with the ruling planet, not modern conceptions of the sign. Pisces is traditionally ruled by Jupiter. Now in your chart Jupiter is in its Detriment and now it's in a night chart, rather than a day one. It's no longer the bringer of the goodies but demoted to neutal to mildly good. What's more it's now in the eighth house, one of the bad places. So money issues might well become something of a problem but not a very bad one. Incidentally the eighth is also the house of your husband's money so it reflects reality at the moment.

My third house is aries which apparently means I have ideas quickly and am very argumentative about them. Mars is in aries as well which seems to compound my love of debating things.

My fourth house is taurus, so I want basic material stability? Seems like what everybody wants really so this doesn't seem to speak to me personally.

My fifth house is gemini, which also has the sun mercury and venus in it. I'm not entirely sure what the fifth house is for but it seems to cover a couple of different things like hobbies, romantic interests, and children.

Again always go by the ruler, rather than modern views of the Sign. So your third house is ruled by Mars, which covers your relationship with your sister and out of state travel, it might also cover your communication skills. Mars tends to indicate a tendency to speak before thinking, or to speak forcibly and strongly on matter. Mars in a night chart is not as bad as in a day chart. At its worst it signifies difficulties that are surmountable.

Then your fourth house is ruled by Venus, the Benefic in a night chart. So the interpretation switches from an area of possible problems to an area where things are likely to go very well. Venus signifies relationships, a love of Art and Beauty and enjoying yourself. So you are likely to want a home which is fun, has at least an appearance that you find pleasing and possibly one that you think should be properly designed. It's materialism at its best.

Your fifth is the House of Children, Gemini is a double bodied sign (Twins) so it's another indicator of more than one child. However, Gemini as such is not particularly fertile. That being said, Venus is there and Venus is the benefic of the chart. So children, if you want them are a really good possibility. Secondary meanings include enjoying yourself, which includes romantic interludes. Venus seems appropriate here.

6th house is cancer, which has the moon in it, which means I have a strong attatchment to my work?

7th house leo, which means I prefer to not take on lots of responsibilities in a relationship, which is probably the biggest fault in my relationship.

8th house is virgo, which suggest being careful about finances? This seems to completely contradict my second house. Jupiter is in virgo.

Ninth house Libra, I enjoy learning and have a strong sense of fairness.

Again go by planets. The Moon rules your sixth house and that is primarily concerned with bad fortune. Bad fortune was clear to the early Astrologers, it was primarily ill health, injury and accident, all of which put your life and indeed lifestyle in jeopardy. There was no welfare in those days, so you were dependent on your own wealth, if any, your relatives, your friends and if the worst came to the worst, the kindness of strangers. Get seriously long term ill and you were likely to end up a beggar. Ill health is still the primary meaning. A secondary meaning, along with the twelfth, was slaves, that is the poor unfortunates that you owned. In a modern context, it might mean wage slaves who you manage - that is employees of the organisation who are required to report to you. Cancer problems tend to relate to female reproductive organs, the stomach and the upper digestive system. As the Moon is in her own sign, though not well placed, this on first pass doesn't flag up as an area for problems.

The Seventh is ruled by the Sun, which is the natural significator of the husband in a woman's chart. The Sun is in the fifth linking the husband with children, enjoyment and romance.

The eight is ruled by Mercury, which also rules your fifth. One chart I came across with this placement was of someone who raised funds for children's charities (the eighth being associated with other people's money)

The ninth is ruled by Venus which as the benefic of the chart suggests that you will do well in your studies and higher education. It might also link to good relationships with people met through higher education or divination.

10th house scorpio, aparently I have a strong ambition with any career and am drawn to careers that are "scorpio related" which apparently includes science.

11th house saggitarus, I want to be around lots of different types of people I can have debates with. Which sounds a lot like me.

12th house capricorn, I feel subconciously restricted in life? Neptune and uranus are in capricorn as well.

Did I do alright with this?

Your tenth house is ruled by Mars, which is actually in the same house. In the past this placement was linked to military, policing, and other similar sorts of professions. I wouldn't see it as scientific as such but it would suggest a profession related to action, especially physical action. That might relate to scientific investigations that require some form of physical action or physical research.

The eleventh is ruled by Jupiter, and would suggest you make friends reasonably easily and that you are good at 'networking' with both friends and business contacts.

Finally the twelfth is ruled by Saturn which is not a good planet in this chart. I don't associate the twelfth with the subconscious, that's a Jungian view. It's not a good place in the chart and is associated with loss, grief and enemies. Again we all have twelfth houses, in this chart, with Saturn probably in the first, it could mean that at some point you become your own worst enemy. That is by no means a definite statement at this stage. There would need to be more work done and for the best results fairly lengthy considerations of what has happened up to now.

Whether Saturn is in your first or your second, (Capricorn or Aquarius rising) your personality type is almost certainly Sanguine - friendly, cheerful,lucky but unfocussed. Good at social relationships, and you like to enjoy yourself.

As Etene points out ideally you should try to tie down your birth time through a consideration of what fits best between the two alternatives. You have a model above which you could try to use for the Capricorn Ascendant. This is one way of doing it and it may be the only way of doing it.

But you might be able to tie your birth time down if your birth certificate has the time of birth on it. It's worth checking. In some countries thre are short versions which omit the time, but full versions which do have the time. Given the relatively recent date of your birth, the time should be on your birth certificate.

One thing I haven't considered particularly is aspects in your chart. That would be the next step and it could well modify the basic reading. But for the moment I wanted to concentrate on just the houses and how to read them.

mikema63

Wow, you are an incredibly helpful person thank you. I'm extremely grateful!

I might be able to get a copy of my long form birth certificate and get an exact date, but the process for getting it can be rather annoying so it won't be right away.

Again, thank you so much, your incredible!

Minderwiz

Good luck with the birth certificate. Please let me know if you get a time, then I can correct my approximate chart.

Remember that the reading so far is simply a very basic first pass, which omits quite a bit of work that needs to be done. That work will modify some of the comments I've made. Some of it is still at a beginner's level, such as picking out the aspects and making some attempt to modify the chart on the basis of them. Other steps are intermediate such as finishing the temperament analysis, and assessing how easily you can manage your life (or whether you find it difficult to deal with events). Beyond that lies the more advanced analysis which looks at how your life will unfold and the periods when things go well, when your career tends to prosper, and matters of health, etc.

Even that is a very crude summary of what Astrology has to offer, because each area of life (but especially the more important ones, such as family, marriage, career, personal well being, and children can be examined as a topic in some depth both descriptively and predictively.

You might not want to go that far, and it will take some time if you do. But stopping at the completion of the beginners' level will at least give you the basics of making an analysis of yourself and your friends and family.

I've attached the amended chart, set for 11:30 pm. That puts your Ascendant just in Aquarius and of course will be subject to change, if your birth time is before 11:29 pushing the Ascendant back into Capricorn.

Attachments

• Mikema63.jpg
    Mikema63.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 97