Double bodied/mutable signs.

Sharla

I'm doing some research on these, and wondered if anyone had anything they could add.

From what i know so far..... double bodied signs are all the mutable signs, being gemini, (virgo), sagittarius, pisces. I've added brackets to virgo as i'm not too sure if should be added.

They're obviously called "double bodied" because of the dual nature of the signs, gemini being the twins, sagittarius being the half man/ half horse, pisces the two fishes, and virgo (if included) would be the maiden and bird.

So these signs would be dualistic in nature, also making them changeable and adaptable to new people and circumstances. They can also change their minds as quickly as the weather changes. And this also makes these signs susceptible to having double things....r'ships, marriage, jobs, etc.

Okay so now i'm trying to delve deeper into this as i'm wanting to figure out how someone's mind would be operating in this duality sign. Would they be in two minds constantly ? or would they just go with the flow in a situation and maybe hope for the best ?

This is not for a natal/horary chart btw.....this is just in general, so this is not including planets etc.

Nemia

I'm no expert in astrology but I find it easiest to understand the mutable signs when I look at the seasons. The cardinal signs bring the new season, they bring real change - with Aries, spring starts, with Cancer, summer begins etc. The fix signs show the season in its prime - Taurus is full blown spring, Leo hot summer etc. The mutable signs "feel" the change, they have their feet in both seaons.

And indeed, the mutable signs have double bodied constellations. Gemini: two twins, Castor and Pollux. Pisces: fish. Sagittarius: a centaur, i.e., horse and man. Virgo, a virgin with an ear of wheat (beautiful Spica, so easy to find on the night sky by following the curve of the big Dipper - it arches to reddish Arcturus and then spikes on to Spica), often depicted with wings, so she and Sagittarius are double in themselves. So they can turn with one part of their nature to the season they're leaving, and with the other welcome the season that will be initiated by the cardinal sign.

That means they can probably compartmentalize (is there such a word?) their feelings better than for example single-minded fix signs. But it's difficult to generalize, so much depends on the planets. For feelings, I'd look to the position of Venus. Venus in a mutable sign may indicate having more than one love at the same time without feeling they're betraying one, or moving from one love to the next more swiftly.

Probably, that's true more for Gemini and Sagittarius (mutable and active) than for Virgo and Pisces, the mutable but passive signs.