Venus in Cancer attributes ?

thecrystalthorn

My point is Venus in Cancer has no 'pure' meaning divorce from context. You can't tell a person to be more ,,'Venus in Cancer' unless you have a clear idea of their problems and a reference point to go by. If you wanted a trite definition you could try 'home lover' or beautiful home' but how are these answers to 'Saturn in Leo', which in very simplistic terms you might interest as timidity, lack of self confidence, or pessimism.

I have Saturn in Leo but telling me to be more Venus in Cancer is pointless, unless you know how Saturn in Leo manifests in my life, which requires a chart and a consultation. My Venus is in Scorpio, no matter how much I try, I can't move it to Cancer, not that I'd want too,; Venus is in my fourth house, Cancer is my twelfth. The best you can do is find my strengths in my existing chart and get me to work on them. That's how an astrological consultation works. The suggested strategy has to be person specific.Keywords are only useful to beginners and often lead to barriers to progress because interpretations ignore meanings that fit in context but don't depend on the learned keywords.
If I can jump in? You are correct. It needs context. Nobody can know how something will manifest outside of a full consultation or foundation of knowledge when looking at a chart. You can not tell someone "be more Venus in Cancer" however there are ways to channel that kind of energy.

A birth chart is only the beginning of an evolving story. We move and experience different qualities with the transiting sky and also through progressions. For instance, my biggest aspect pattern is a t square. Super fun lol.

The empty space is in Cancer in the 8th. I have Venus in Taurus, but my progressed Venus is now in Cancer which allows me to directly experience those attributes slowly, over time, as progressions are slow changes that happen over the course of one's life.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Minderwiz

If I can jump in? You are correct. It needs context. Nobody can know how something will manifest outside of a full consultation or foundation of knowledge when looking at a chart. You can not tell someone "be more Venus in Cancer" however there are ways to channel that kind of energy.

A birth chart is only the beginning of an evolving story. We move and experience different qualities with the transiting sky and also through progressions. For instance, my biggest aspect pattern is a t square. Super fun lol.

The empty space is in Cancer in the 8th. I have Venus in Taurus, but my progressed Venus is now in Cancer which allows me to directly experience those attributes slowly, over time, as progressions are slow changes that happen over the course of one's life.

You have a point there but in order to get progressed Venus in Cancer, a person would have to have natal Venus in Aries, Taurus or Gemini unless they are over 90, which opens up perhaps the last 15 degrees of Pieces. Anyone born with Venus in Leo through to Aquarius will never experience it. Of course they will have Venus somewhere in the next two signs from it's natal position. However all of us will experience transiting Venus in Cancer, every year of our lives. How it affects us depends on our natal charts, other transits and whatever longer term system we use.

Personally I don't use secondaries, I tried Primary Directions but now I use Zodiacal Releasing,. However, that's beside the point,as we both agree that context is vital and we have to also consider other predictive approaches in order to offer meaningful consultations.

tarot_quest

It is a very beautiful way to say it! It's funny because progressions are slow and it takes time to evaluate their effect. Something interesting happened to me. Since a young age up to some months ago, my transiting mercury was in Scorpio (I am born with a late mercury in Libra). During this progression, I was very studious and working in laboratories (did a PhD). When Mercury progressed into Sagittarius, I started to work in sales! So I very much feel the switch and I am seeing the ''big picture'' rather than the details now.

Sharla

I keep needing to repeat myself here....BUT these were Astrology CARDS i was using. I pulled out a planet card and a sign card for each Question.

The lady totally related to the Saturn and Leo cards i pulled out, she told me she does realize she can be like this, when i told her about saturn in leo quality's

When i then asked what does she need to be more like, to stop people portraying her as being saturn in leo....that is when i pulled two more a planet and a sign and got venus and cancer.

This thread has turned into something totally different than i originally had asked about. The only person who's replied properly is obeygravity.

I'll let you talk about your charts and progressions now amongst yourself.

obeygravity

Honestly this thread has a strange vibe and I'm sorry for any sense of confusion you've gotten from it Sharks. The way I learned how to read natal charts was to simply break things down in parts. Planets were seen as an action, signs were seen as a language and the house was seen as the priority. Ultimately regardless of house placement, you should still be able to give a description of how a planet (action) would act within a sign (expression). It's even the basics of how transits are handled. People provide a description of how a planet acts within a sign, and then go into further detail of how that expression would have an impact in relationship to the person's chart. This seems like astrology 101 so I'm not sure why this became so complicated (nor why the tone became so... Well... Kind of rude?).

At any rate, I'm glad that I could have been of some help. My friend taught me astrology but there are a lot of good resources online that give break downs for things like this if you ever need it.

Sharla

Honestly this thread has a strange vibe and I'm sorry for any sense of confusion you've gotten from it Sharks. The way I learned how to read natal charts was to simply break things down in parts. Planets were seen as an action, signs were seen as a language and the house was seen as the priority. Ultimately regardless of house placement, you should still be able to give a description of how a planet (action) would act within a sign (expression). It's even the basics of how transits are handled. People provide a description of how a planet acts within a sign, and then go into further detail of how that expression would have an impact in relationship to the person's chart. This seems like astrology 101 so I'm not sure why this became so complicated (nor why the tone became so... Well... Kind of rude?).

At any rate, I'm glad that I could have been of some help. My friend taught me astrology but there are a lot of good resources online that give break downs for things like this if you ever need it.
Phew....someone who can actually relate to me, as i was starting to think it was me people couldn't understand.

Of course you can....like you say yourself, regardless of house placement or any other placement or anything else that's thrown into an actual chart, you can surely just use the basic energy of combining a planet and a sign...and yes this is the basics and this is how people start in regards to learning astrology anyway.

I have looked online and also have books at home....it was just that it was venus in cancer that made me actually open this thread. As what i said to the woman was that she would be better to just warm up a little and try and be more openly friendly with people in the street or neighbors etc, and maybe one day invite somebody round to her house for a coffee....that sort of thing.

But when i reached home and looked more into venus in cancer qualities to make sure i told her the right thing, i was thinking that cancers can be shy so then i wasn't too sure, which is why i thought id open a thread and ask for others views.

Thanks obeygravity...from Sharks lol :)

Minderwiz

I keep needing to repeat myself here....BUT these were Astrology CARDS i was using. I pulled out a planet card and a sign card for each Question.

Honestly this thread has a strange vibe and IUltimately regardless of house placement, you should still be able to give a description of how a planet (action) would act within a sign (expression). It's even the basics of how transits are handled. People provide a description of how a planet acts within a sign, and then go into further detail of how that expression would have an impact in relationship to the person's chart. This seems like astrology 101 so I'm not sure why this became so complicated (nor why the tone became so... Well... Kind of rude?).

Firstly I have/had no intention of being rude, and if anything I posted came across in that fashion, I apologise. However, I stand by my main point, context is vital, even when you are using cards. Yes, introductory texts do try to provide general statements. Here's one from Nick Campion's The Practical Astrologer;

VENUS IN CANCER. These people neede emotional security, They are caring and sympathetic in emotional relationships but can be possesive and need to be able to let go when a partnership has run its course. They are often reserved socially

Now that might be useful for a beginner, as a first stab at an interpretation but it has problems. it treats Cancer as being to do with emotions, a description often applied (wrongly) to the Moon, which actually signifies instinctive reactions. But the definition only works in the context of natal astrology and an approach which concentrates solely on character analysis. Even then the beginner will run into problems trying to make sense of this if Venus lies, say in the tenth house, and may have considerable problems trying to deal with perhaps nine, sometimes contradictory definitions from the other planets in their sign placements. Trying to make sense becomes a nightmare, which is why it took me several attempts to get into Astrology. The advice in textbooks is that people have all sorts of inner contradictions, and you just have to accept those and try and sort them out.

This definition isn't even going to be much use to you in your card draws (though no doubt the book that came with the deck attempts to give some guidelines to making a stab at an interpretation). Telling the woman to go and seek more emotional security, or to recognise when a relationship is finished and let go, might not be a relevant answer to her current situation. Telling her to be more caring and sympathetic in her relationships or to be more possessive might not help at all, and in some circumstances, she might actually feel insulted.

As a card reader, I'm sure you try and tailor the interpretations you give to the person you're reading for and their situation and concerns. The same is true for Astrologers, where the range of meanings outstrips anything that is given for a deck of cards (and for a time I did read Tarot, and I'm not trying to be rude about the cards. They can be very informative)

Keywords and short definitions are very limiting, the need is to establish the context and use your knowledge of the cards and your experience to arrive at an answer that meets the requirements of the question/querent.

Now I didn't introduce progressions, I merely responded to a post which invovled them, mainly to say that most people would not experience progressed Venus in Cancer during their lives. I tried to keep my first two posts to the practical issues of reaching an interpretation and the process of context in a more advanced setting than the beginners key words. In the process I did throw out ways of interpreting Venus in Cancer, using some principles but I fully recognise that they might not be relevant to the context of the situation in which your issue arose. However the intention was to try and stimulate a thought process. I make no apologies for that, because this is an Astrology Forum and I supplied an astrology oriented answer. All I wanted to do was to get you to think that your responses can't simply be to tell someone to be more Venus in Cancer, you have to have a clear view of what that means in the context of giving your reading.

From what I understand, you may well have done that but then had some second thoughts as to whether your interpretation of the cards was on the right lines. I'm sorry that you didn't find some of the responses helpful but I hope you will take the time to think them over and understand that there was genuine attempts to help you with the issue.

tapasr_57772aeb7

The advice is : be more loving.