TdM Exchange July 2012 - 2 weeks speed round with a special deck - Sign up here!

le_charior

Wendywu + Polyhymnia
pacificwaters + firefrost
moonbear + Rhoswen
Sherryl + Lumen
Flavio + le_charior

Hello friends of historic and TdM decks (and TdP and TdB and whatever wonderful decks there might be out there!)

It's summer (for the northern part of the planet at least) and it's hot so I thought we might do a refreshing speed round of the exchange in two weeks instead of the usual four. And with a different deck than usual to shake things up a little! Post here if you are up for it!

Timeline:
- Reading and feedback to be completed by Sunday, August 5th

Spread:
Three to five cards - no positions. Unless you agree on something else with your reading partner!

Deck for this round:
Get out of your comfort zone. Use a historic deck you never use for readings. Visconti, Tarot de Paris, Vieville, Vacchetta, Ancient Lombardy, just to name a few I have and never use for readings, but I think it could be fun to try! Or a modern one, there are so many, Major Tom, the Tarot Noir, the Angel TdM etc etc... (This is just a proposition, so if you want to or have to use the deck you always use, that is of course fine, too!)

Decks in general:
The TdM Exchange is a friendly and fun place to share and develop our reading skills with Tarot de Marseille decks, other historic decks with non-scenic pips and Tarot de Marseille inspired modern decks. If you aren't sure if you have a deck that is suited, just ask. If you decide to read with a deck that your sitter does not have, please post pictures of the cards you drew so everybody can follow.

Pips reading methods:
There are a lot of different reading methods of the Tarot de Marseille and especially the pips. These are all equally welcome and all ok. If you don't know where to start, check the forum index (especially the thread on "Reading Methods" - and don't be shy or scared by the non-scenic pips, just jump on right in!) In order to make this a fruitful learning experience for the reader, the sitter and everybody following the exchange, please take the time to explain what method you are using for the pips. Links to threads here on the forum explaining the method or single cards are most welcome.

Please share the process of your reading, not only the results. And please take the time and effort (as most people do anyway) to write more than a line on each card. Tell your partner what your interpretation is based on, what you saw, what brought you to the conclusions. The more detail, the more everybody will learn!

Please make your feedback as detailled as possible so your reading partner can benefit from it. It's not so much about what you saw in the cards your partner drew for you (even if you can include this as well of course), but more about how you can relate to the reading you got. Don't hesitate to ask questions, to go into a discussion, a back and forth of feedback and feedback on feedback.

No-show/Problems
If anybody has a problem completing their reading or feedback, please please please get in touch with your reading partner and myself. It's not nice to be left hanging in an exchange - and whoever is NOT completing an exchange he or she signed up for (and especially fails to communicate about it) will not be allowed to sign up again until it is completed - and in worst case even risks a two months ban from all reading exchanges.

Happy exchanging! :) Looking forward to it!

lc

pacificwaters

I have just the historic Argentinian TdM which I always use. If its ok to continue with a used deck, I am in ..!

le_charior

I have just the historic Argentinian TdM which I always use. If its ok to continue with a used deck, I am in ..!
Sure, that's ok! It's just a proposition for people like me who have too many decks! :)

pacificwaters

oohh..ok!!! Thanks for clarifying

Wendywu

Okay - I'm in :)

Sulis

OK, me too.. I'll use the Tarot de Trieste.

moonbear

Me too please :) I'm going to try to read with my Dotti for the very first time ever!!

But just three cards. All I can manage at the moment.

le_charior

Welcome you all! Good to have you on board!

Polyhymnia

If the IJJ Swiss counts, I am in. It is the only (other of 2) TDM deck I have and I have never used it.