Reading the Marseille Tarot

gregory

My experience precisely. :( Without the phone call.

Not only that but the attempted download killed my computer; I have just got it back and have told lulu I shall live without the book and chalk it up to a bad experience :(

I too am on Vista; I have the reader thing - and - well - forget it.

However - I did the first few lessons with jmd while he was running the course and they were EXCELLENT.

anubis777

Hi Gregory,
I just called Toshiba level 2 tech support & the tech went remotely into my computer & still could not get this file he said it is something wrong on lulu's end. The pop up said error getting license & server communication problem. The lady at lulu i did chat with for 4hrs was getting off of work & will bring this matter to the supervisor on monday. What a sorry %$#&%$#%^ piece of crap getting this turned out to be in total with the book & next day service it has cost me $100.23. But after paying for the book they tell me they have to publish it in book format which takes 3-4 days after spending more money on overnight delivery when the book isn't even in book form as of yet. So what a crock.

anubis777

Since i am already pissed off i am going to inform everyone that Mr. Camoin is so deceptive he doesn't have any ebooks in french/english last month he emailed me & said oh yeah the french ebook will be out in 2 days here it is June already. He is scared to do the ebooks b/c he doesn't want to lose the money on his workshops b/c this made him a lot of money, also since he never taught the course in english he is scared that someone will steal his info & start teaching the english market which he wants to set his sights on
to make more money on. So there will NEVER BE AN EBOOK so don't beleive him on anything anymore. I am done with him & his fake promises.

gregory

I don't blame him.; I never did like ebooks. But I will say that I think well enough of JMD that I will buy the real live book - when I can get it without using lulu...

anubis777

Hi
well i am curious on how detailed jmd covers the symbolism on the noblet & conver decks? I think in the book he covers astrology/hebrew letters/alchemy ect......so after all of this heart ache i hope the book will be rewarding....

gregory

It will. jmd is inspired and inspiring.

Patrick Booker

anubis777 said:
Just wanted to tell everyone that i have spent 4hrs on chat with a lulu person & we still couldn't get my ebook. So someone please tell me how you feel about the book so for since i have to wait until my physical book comes.

It looks like I was lucky with my download. I have Vista and a slow 3 year old laptop.

The book goes through all the Major Arcana, with a great deal of historical information. It is intended to be used as a course over a fairly long period, and there are a number of practical exrercises that I have not seen before. The emphasis is upon how those of the period in which the Tarot evolved would have seen the world, and how they would have interpreted these images. This leads to the question of how this is relevant to our own understanding of the images. There is some material upon number and the Minor Arcana. Various traditional decks are depicted for comparison, but the course was conceived with the Jean Noblet in mind. I like the Noblet, not least because it is small and suits the size of my hands. But you could use other traditional decks if you wanted.

I liked it, but you would need to use it as a workbook over a few months to get the best out of it. There is a great deal that I have not mentioned - it is a book with many aspects.

There are occasional references to the work of Rudolf Steiner, whom the author studies.

If you have a look at Jean-Michel David's Tarot pages here, they deal with some of the topics you mention, and you get a flavour of his approach:

http://www.fourhares.com/

If you want a book about using traditional decks for spiritual development and personal insight, and there aren't that many such books around, I think that this is an excellent acquisition.

Patrick

gregory

What is so very wonderful about jmd is how much he will share with ANYONE interested. A nice change from Camoin, IMNVHO. I have PMd with Jean-Michel over the years he was here, and he always answers questions with true generosity.

Asher

My copy just arrived...

and it is enormous!

8 1/4 by 11 1/2 inches and nearly an inch and a half thick, and very hefty...you'll need a sturdy table or lap to read it.

I would have preferred the ebook, but it was too many hoops to jump through to download this and that program just to get it on my iPad...congratulations to Mary and Patrick for successfully doing it! My tech guru said it wasn't worth all the hassle.

I did jmd's online course a few years ago, and found it detailed and profound. Don't think I was quite ready for it at the time. But I'm glad to have the book as a reference and review of the course. I will be working through it slowly, with my Noblet in hand.

All I need now is a bookshelf tall enough to store the book on!

Asher

starlightexp

So now my interest in up... looking at the table of contents I see that only about 20 pages is given over to the pips. Does he give a good system for using them? I kinda want to hear a bit more on that before buying another book on just the majors

(hand hovering over the buy now button)