just got PCS Commemorative Deck

tarotbear

I just got mine!

I just got a copy today as a birthday gift from MeeWah! It is so heavy! I was totally surprised at what is a wonderful package of goodies contained inside - I read the Kaplan book on Pamela's life in one sitting!

... so, no one knows exactly where she is buried in that cemetary? This sounds like a job for Tarot to sort out!

I have not opened the pack of cards yet; I will wait until tomorrow (5/12 - officially my birthday) to do so! :party:

JenWt43

Happy Birthday Tarotbear! :) Enjoy!

Edited to say - I do not have this set yet, but I saw one in a local shop recently. I've been thinking about it since then!

bogiesan

Happy Birthday Tarotbear! :) Enjoy!

Edited to say - I do not have this set yet, but I saw one in a local shop recently. I've been thinking about it since then!

Oh, go ahead, buy it.

Permission granted.

greatdane

Happy Birthday, TAROTBEAR!

The PCS Commemorative is my favorite and go to deck. I have two sets of it. I have Miss Pamela framed and on my reading table. I hope you enjoy it.

JenWt43

Oh, thank you, Bogiesan! :)

bogiesan

Oh, thank you, Bogiesan! :)

Not a problem; not my money!

If you pick it up, be sure to drop by and add your comments and observations to the conversation. The set has started many threads since it was published.

DeToX

The LoS version is easier to use IMO but some of the line detailing seems almost a tad blurred in comparison to the USG PCS deck. The LoS version also has the numbers digitally removed and placed into the gold border, e.g. adding some detail to the Sun. However, the colours on the LoS are bright and bold but very usable. I find the PCS rather dim and many of the coloured backgrounds have a grainy type feel or texture that isn't in the actual antique MkI decks. It's as if USG has deliberately tried to make the deck look authentic and antique but it ends up looking more antique than an antique if that makes sense. The grainy colours make it harder to look at. But apart from that, yes it is probably a better deck than the LoS deck although I like both.