Faulkner Tarot

Thoughtful

just got my hands on this deck. Never had a photographic tarot deck before and it looked interesting and quite a departure from my usual tarot decks.
l wanted to form my own opinion before searching through back threads here.

l love it and can relate to it, it sparks my intuition greatly. l love how modern it is using real life people in situations we can all identify with. This is a deck l have searched for without really knowing what l was searching for, if that makes sense!
Have already given a few readings with it, and had quite a few chuckle moments when it was so bang on with its insight.

Now l have just looked at the old threads to see how the deck was perceived by others and what their thoughts were.
It seems that people were not impressed with it although having sympathy for the background story to their development. The creator being widowed was a sad story. It appears people did not like the fact the photographs were family oriented. To my mind it makes the deck more accessible and real, and l can get past the fact that the images used were her friends and family. After all l do not know them so they are just every day folk to me.
l think she has captured the essence of the tarot meanings in a very modern and well thought out formula. So glad l was not put off by reading the threads first.

Are you using the Faulkner deck, have you changed your opinion about it?

mahafrins

just got my hands on this deck. Never had a photographic tarot deck before and it looked interesting and quite a departure from my usual tarot decks.
l wanted to form my own opinion before searching through back threads here.

l love it and can relate to it, it sparks my intuition greatly. l love how modern it is using real life people in situations we can all identify with. This is a deck l have searched for without really knowing what l was searching for, if that makes sense!
Have already given a few readings with it, and had quite a few chuckle moments when it was so bang on with its insight.

Now l have just looked at the old threads to see how the deck was perceived by others and what their thoughts were.
It seems that people were not impressed with it although having sympathy for the background story to their development. The creator being widowed was a sad story. It appears people did not like the fact the photographs were family oriented. To my mind it makes the deck more accessible and real, and l can get past the fact that the images used were her friends and family. After all l do not know them so they are just every day folk to me.
l think she has captured the essence of the tarot meanings in a very modern and well thought out formula. So glad l was not put off by reading the threads first.

Are you using the Faulkner deck, have you changed your opinion about it?

I dont have this deck but Sheila who does exchanges is very fond of it.

Thoughtful

Yes it does have an appeal for me, it would be a lovely deck for folk who are new to tarot as it is very easy to follow. Also the creator Rhiannan Faulkner has lots of youtube videos taking you through the meaning of each card. Which for a beginner would be very helpful.

This is definitely one which will be my go to deck for professional readings. Its a refreshing change.