Shamanic deck?

Sar

Lo Scarabeo had a shamanistic deck that was very much like "do not try this at home"-kind, but I am not sure of its name or if it is still in print. But it images stunned me.

Maan

This is an older article, thus older decks, but it is very thorough in analyzing their worth to a contemporary shaman, a devotee of Michael Harner.

http://www.tarotpassages.com/shaman1vsb.htm

Valerie Sim has vanished from the Tarot world and I'd love to pick her brains on the newer shamanic decks.

wauw thank you for the link. Amazing article. I am so glad she liked the same decks i do

Maan

Lo Scarabeo had a shamanistic deck that was very much like "do not try this at home"-kind, but I am not sure of its name or if it is still in print. But it images stunned me.

the tarot of the origins?
I have it and its really really powerfull. Raw almost uncontrolled energy. And i wouldn't reccomend it for everyone but it is an amazing deck.

Sar

the tarot of the origins?
I have it and its really really powerfull. Raw almost uncontrolled energy. And i wouldn't reccomend it for everyone but it is an amazing deck.

Yes, that one.

Mi-Shell

I live and work within a shamanic world-view and as far as Tarot decks are concerned, the Ironwing Tarot is a very profound and personal deck to me. I hand painted all the cards... I also sometimes use the Tarot of the Origins, but for every day readings for my clients and when I read in public, I use the Greenwood tarot.
I leave my original deck at home and use scanned replicas, so my sitters cam touch and look at the cards and even through the whole deck. If someone is searching for their very own Greenwood.... maybe I can help out a little..... ;)

Freddie

Wildwood Tarot

freddie

raeanne

I agree with Glass Owl! Crow's Magic! To me, all other decks pale in comparison for a true shamanistic feel.

nisaba

... er ...

As a working shaman, I can use any deck at all as a jumping-point for shamanic work.

merissa_88

People keep mentioning the Crow's Magic Deck as shamanic. I've only seen scans.

Of course, the Greenwood. And I like the Sacred Circle because of all the photos of holy places. They connect you with the spirit paths a little.

But the Celtic Shaman's Pack by Chesca Potter is more powerful because it does not incorporate the tarot system. Also, Oracle of the Dreamtime. I start journeying when I look at those cards.

Of course, Amazon curanderos use naipes cards - so maybe they are the most shamanic?