Original Knapp-Hall up for sale !

Le Fanu

I feel the price is really not reasonable. It's missing a card, and about twice what I paid for a complete one in pristine condition only a few years ago.
Yes. I always feel that once a card is missing, it seriously depletes the price. Like buying Lalique glass with a significant, visible chip.

VGimlet

I still have lust in my heart...but a missing card makes it more of a hmmm....

I have a copy of the 1981 edition, which is beautiful, but would love a copy of the original...someday. :D

Rhinemaiden

Yes. I always feel that once a card is missing, it seriously depletes the price. Like buying Lalique glass with a significant, visible chip.

I agree... I want perfect and complete cards... I don't mind wear, but no bent cards, no broken corners, no creases... if the box is battered I can live with it.

on ebay that "visible chip" would be called a "flea bite" ;)

gregory

But then you see Kaplan's at $600, with a SMASHED box and damaged cards...

Tough, life is, tough :(

I'm glad there is no hope of my having the money :) But I have to say I know people who have paid that sort of price for a Thomson-Leng with a card or two missing. (No, not me; I paid something like that for a complete one with a duff box but added silk wrappings !)

felicityk

There was a 1981 reprint by the copyright holders, but it seems even rarer than the original. The more common one is the US Games reprint of 1985.
Wow, I have that reprint and didn't realize it was so hard to get. Colors are definitely better than the US Games version. It's in a white box and reads "Published by the Philosophical Research Society, Inc." with an address in Los Angeles. I got it on eBay many years ago, and I'm pretty certain I paid under $100 US.

Felicity

Debra

I had all three. 1981 is very nice. One is enough. I kept the 1929.