Books about Tarot on fortune telling

boring

When I started learning Tarot, I focused on books about Tarot history, spirituality and reflection but not so much on fortune telling. Below are the books I've read:

78 Degrees of Wisdom by Rachel Pollack
The Tarot: History, Symbolism, and Divination by Robert Place
Learning the Tarot: A Tarot Book for Beginners by Joan Bunning

Now I would like to explore more about tarot on fortune telling. Do you have any recommendations on this topic?

Any classics (on fortune telling or not) I should read?

Many thanks!

Darkmage

Eden Gray's stuff is good and still in print. I learned from her Complete Guide to the Tarot. If you can find one of Stuart Kaplan's books, those are good too. I'd venture that most of us here have at least one volume of his Encyclopedia of Tarot--that has keyword meanings in the back.

You can also poke around online for definitions and keywords.

boring

Eden Gray's stuff is good and still in print. I learned from her Complete Guide to the Tarot. If you can find one of Stuart Kaplan's books, those are good too. I'd venture that most of us here have at least one volume of his Encyclopedia of Tarot--that has keyword meanings in the back.

You can also poke around online for definitions and keywords.

Thank you so much! I have difficulties in linking the cards to a complete story. Even though I could look up for meaning and keywords from books and online, I still couldn't make a coherent story out of it. I'll try the books you suggested. Thanks again.

boring

Did anyone read Sasha Fenton's Fortune-Telling by Tarot Cards? Is it good? The Amazon reviews said it helps readers to connect the cards which is exactly what I need.

Thanks again.

Darkmage

That's also a really good book. There are two versions--one with a blue cover, and another one that's essentially a whole new book with a different title with a red and white cover. My copy of the first one disintegrated, but the second version supersedes it anyway.

She also wrote a book called Supertarot. It assumes you already know the meanings of the cards. Instead, it gives different spreads, exercises, and ways to tie the cards together into a coherent reading.

You can find her stuff on Amazon and Book Depository.

boring

That's also a really good book. There are two versions--one with a blue cover, and another one that's essentially a whole new book with a different title with a red and white cover. My copy of the first one disintegrated, but the second version supersedes it anyway.

She also wrote a book called Supertarot. It assumes you already know the meanings of the cards. Instead, it gives different spreads, exercises, and ways to tie the cards together into a coherent reading.

You can find her stuff on Amazon and Book Depository.

Thank you so much. So is the content of Supertarot substantially different from the one on fortune telling? I am thinking of buying both if they have different substance.

Thanks again!

Darkmage

It's a very different book, yes. Like I said earlier, Supertarot assumes you've got all the card meanings down pat. I'd place it in the intermediate-advanced category.

If you want to get both at the same time, great. Just bear in mind that if you don't have the meanings internalised yet, Supertarot's going to be slow going.

boring

It's a very different book, yes. Like I said earlier, Supertarot assumes you've got all the card meanings down pat. I'd place it in the intermediate-advanced category.

If you want to get both at the same time, great. Just bear in mind that if you don't have the meanings internalised yet, Supertarot's going to be slow going.

Superb! A million thanks!

boring

Oh, I found two books with the same title "SuperTarot" and don't know which is the one you referred to.

(1) Super Tarot: New Techniques for Improving Your Tarot Reading
(2) Super Tarot: How to Link the Cards to Reveal Your Future

I saw some reviews said that (2) is in fact the same as Fortune-Telling by Tarot Cards: A Beginner's Guide to Understanding the Tarot. Is (1) the Supertarot book you referred to? I'm very confused.

I don't know if I'm allow to post link here so I didn't post what I saw on Amazon.