Where does this calendar sheet come from?

PathWalker

I bought a vintage tarot deck from Ebay recently, and it came with this sheet - but it's not original to the deck.
It says "... To do this well (interpret) , you should study the interpretations of the cards printed on the calendar... " and indeed the sheet has a hole in one edge as you might see if it came from a hanging calendar.

But no idea what calendar it came from. Reverse simply has a CC diagram on it, same type face.

Any ideas ?

Pathwalker

Scan is now right way up! :)

Attachments

• Scan-141127-0001.jpg
    Scan-141127-0001.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 196

Vanchica

Google has a 'reverse image search' - try that?

tarotbear

How big is this sheet? is it paper or card? Llewellyn had a 'Tarot Calendar' for a few years but that was large.

PathWalker

I'll try, but it's just text really, may not help.

Thank you anyway :)

PathWalker

How big is this sheet? is it paper or card? Llewellyn had a 'Tarot Calendar' for a few years but that was large.

Paper. 11 inches by 8 1/2.

PathWalker

It's certainly the right orientation for that calendar, thank you. I've never had one of those to compare.

PathWalker

No - I have a calendar about that size in front of me - the Llewellyn calendar was about twice that size.

Okay, thanks for that then.

From closer reading, it seems that the cards - which maybe came with the calendar? - were majors only. It says way down the page:

"... If you want a more detailed Tarot reading, ..., you might combine the cards of the Major Arcana, which you have here, with an ordinary deck of playing cards...."

gregory

That SIZE would suggest N American - it is "letter" paper.

Any help AT ALL ? You could scan the CC diagram and googleimage it - clips from the text bring up nothing :(

Oops - not majors only - that sheet tells you about the pip cards...

PathWalker

But the discussion on pip meaning follows the part where it talks about adding a pack of playing cards to the cards you already have - and it also tells you that you will have no pages. So I believe it came with majors only, and it expanding the options by giving meanings of minors to folks who go down the route of adding in a set of playing cards. If you read it all through that makes sense.

The deck did come from USA so would be logical to think it is a USA piece of writing.

I'll try the scan of the diagram...

Attachments

• Scan-141127-0002.jpg
    Scan-141127-0002.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 165