Looking for Tarot Books

Wil

Hi guys!

I joined our community yesterday. Still fresh and new.

To be honest, I'm looking for some Tarot books about Morgan Gears. I really want to start doing some studies about this deck as a beginner. I've been searching for some useful books for weeks by using google but unluckily, there aren't any free books/ebooks/pdf files.

Tarot is not popular in my country either. I'm from Vietnam. It's really difficult to find one in any bookstores. So sad but true, maybe you guys will suggest that I should buy ebook online by using our websites. Or think that I'm stingy...

The reason that I can give myself some excuses is the fee that I have to pay for banking services can be higher 3, 4 times than books' price itself. I'm still a student in college. :(

Does anyone know about some free courses/resources, please share it with me ?

Many thanks.

AJ

I'm sure you will get some good answers, just wanted to say welcome to you, you have a beautiful country.

edited to add: I found this at US Games, the publisher
http://www.usgamesinc.com/Morgan-Greer_Tarot_Deck/
The Morgan-Greer Tarot is the first modern tarot deck based upon the combined research of tarot leaders Arthur Edward Waite and Paul Foster Case. The Case book was used a primer by artist Bill Greer in choosing the colors for the Morgan-Greer deck, so as to "create an emotional reaction to each card even before the image could be looked at in depth."

that may help and it may not :) but Case's books are well thought of.

BodhiSeed

Welcome to Aeclectic Wil!
The Morgan Greer Tarot, while not an RWS clone, is RWS based. So Thirteen's commentary on the cards here on Aeclectic should be of help:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/meanings/
also, there is Joan Bunning's website:
http://learntarot.com/
Plus there are hundreds of tarot blogs on the web; you could Google "Morgan Greer" and see what you turn up. :)
"The Book of Tarot" by Susan Gerulskis-Estes uses the MG cards in it; it can occasionally be found on Ebay for a decent price.

Wil

Thank AJ for the link.
I misspelled my Tarot deck's name all the time. Gear and Greer.

Thank BodhiSeed for your information.
While I was searching information in our forum about MG, I saw a comment mentioning "The Book of Tarot" by Susan Gerulskis-Estes as what you recommend to me now. I thought O.M.G I finally found one. Later, I googled to find whether there are someone uploading it on the internet but sadly there isn't any. Maybe oneday someone will. Lolz

I'm reading "Learning The Tarot for Beginners" instead right now. I found it on someone's wordpress. It's good and informative. But I'm still longing for a detailed book about MG deck.

Hope you guys have a nice day. Thanks :D

rwcarter

Welcome Wil!

The official companion book for the deck is:

Book of Tarot, The (companion to Morgan Greer)
Gerulskis-Estes, Susan
U.S. Games Systems, Inc, 1981
0-88079-277-9

I don't believe there is a free version of the book any where though. You can also look in the forum index to see a list of books that are illustrated with the Morgan Greer deck.

gregory

You can get the book for about $5 + postage on abe....