Youtube ... Lost History Tarot cards

Ross G Caldwell

Cool, thanks Huck!

... three things made me go "ouch!" right away (I'm sure a second viewing will make even more)

"Tarotchee"? (ouch)

Levi was never a priest (he only ever had minor orders that I am aware - Deacon might be the highest you could say of him)

Court de Gébelin and Etteilla didn't invent fortune-telling with tarot (tarot occultism yes).

But except for "tarotchee", these are minor quibbles. Quite possibly the least bullshitting bit of tarot history ever put onto the small screen.

Ross

Moonbow

I enjoyed that 3 minutes, and so good to see some familiar websites too!

firecatpickles

I saw some Minchi cards!

But Levi a Catholic priest? Isn't Levi a Jewish name? Oy!

Huck

Ross G Caldwell said:
Cool, thanks Huck!

... three things made me go "ouch!" right away (I'm sure a second viewing will make even more)

It's a movie, it's art ... not the approach to tell the truth. The film collects impressions of the "Lost History", not interested to decide between wrong and real. Why not?

starrystarrynight

I'm not a tarot historian by any stretch...so I can't critique that part of it. However, I liked it and thought it was very well done.

Thanks for the link!

Bernice

Very well done!

A 3min eye-opener regarding the Tarot to whet the appitite of all who have been fed 'commercial' rubbish.

Tried to leave a complimentary comment but, being dim, couldn't bring up the text box.....

Going back to run it again.

Bee

Ross G Caldwell

Huck said:
It's a movie, it's art ... not the approach to tell the truth. The film collects impressions of the "Lost History", not interested to decide between wrong and real. Why not?

No, he is concerned to find the truth and the real, and his idea is to show that it can be done with the internet - and a rational mind. With the latter, he's already way out of the league of many people, and in a small minority.

But he did a good job, especially as he wants to be known as someone with no knowledge of the subject at all. He just sifted the good from the bad on the internet. It seems like the last few years have done their work - we've popularized the consensus opinions about tarot history! A little leaven of truth goes a long way...

Ross

Huck

The author of the film, "tokarski21", made other "Lost history" movies, also using the web and google for other topics.

So I don't know, if he really did spend much ideas about us ... :)

Nonetheless we changed the world, of course, as everybody else ... but the decision for some carefulness and the interest in quality in the presented or focussed theme is and was naturally a good choice and a good way to follow ...

Ross G Caldwell

Huck said:
The author of the film, "tokarski21", made other "Lost history" movies, also using the web and google for other topics.

So I don't know, if he really did spend much ideas about us ... :)

Yes, of course! This seems to be his modus operandi, and his "concept". He has questions, either his own or given to him, and his concept is to use the internet to find the basic truth of the subject.

I don't think he knew anything about tarot history before the question was asked of him. His idea is that any reasonable person can sift through the available information on any subject and find out the consensus opinions of experts on the subject, and a lot more too.

Michael wrote me and noted that he had actually quoted Michael in his script (from tarotpedia notably). It shows that Michael's ideas have a great deal of popular appeal, and are expressed of course in everyday language.

Ross